My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Trick or Treat!!

I can't believe what a difference the past year has made. On this day exactly, one year ago, we spillt the beans...we started telling our families that we were going to have a baby. And then here we are today: getting her into her costume, taking her around to a few house, having neighbors put a few pieces of candy into her little pumpkin basket.

Today has been full of tricks and treats. First treat of the day: Emma slept from 9pm to 5:30am. The only thing that woke her up was her daddy having to get ready for work. (I must say, I am kind of 'really' looking forward to her sleeping in her own room, just because then she won't get up with her daddy and me.) Then I started to get ready for work. We got to dress up and I was going to be Rosie the Riveter. I was certain I had a blue scarf with white polka dots, but when I went looking for it I couldn't find it. That's when I remembered that I had to toss it when our crawl space was flooded. So I had to rush and get Emma to her Nonna's early so I could see if maybe Wal-Mart had anything. Luckily they had the perfect scarf (red with white polka-dots) and I actually pulled off my costume. Only cost me $5!!! :)

Getting through today was rough. It was a slow day at work. No real patients or anything. Plus I had to call on outstanding claims and it sometimes just makes your brain hurt to look into the old ones!
Anyways, so I rushed home to pick up Daddy and then we rushed to see Emma and start getting her ready for Halloween. It was so much fun getting her into her little Tinkerbell costume. And I really think she liked it. At least, she liked the texture of the tulle. She kept putting it in her mouth--which really isn't new now!

Then we took her around to a few houses. She loved it honestly. She loved looking up at the trees and sky. She liked seeing the new people. She would smile her little smirk and duck her head like she was bashful, and the people would coo over her and add another piece of candy. Yeah, she knows how to work it already. LOL

After a few houses, it started to cool down some more and looked like it was going to rain, so we headed back to Nonna's. We hung out with everyone for a bit. It was just a nice night.

So here are a few pictures from her first Halloween!




She sits in a high chair now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace