My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Things Emma can do now

I can't believe my baby is already 4 months old! Time is flying by. I don't know whether I am happy about this or devastated! Probably a little of both.

I mean, I love watching her learn new things and discover new things. But at the same time, every day older she gets, every new thing she learns, takes her one day further from my "baby." I mean, she's already developing her own definite personality.

But anyways, here are some of the new things Emma does now:
  • She puts EVERYTHING in her mouth. Seriously. Everything. If she can get even a little piece of something near her mouth, she will try to get it IN her mouth! Makes me kinda nervous.
  • She sits in a high chair. And likes it! We set ours up last night so she could sit in it while we carved pumpkins. And she loved it. She didn't fuss at all. She played and was content the whole time.
  • She smiles all the time. I mean, she's always been a fairly happy baby. But now there are things that just crack her up. She still loves the popping noise and the clacking noise, but she is discovering all sorts of sounds and deciding which she likes and which she doesn't.
  • She love music. She will grab for my phone when I put the music on so it is closer to her. (And then she'll try to put it in her mouth! LOL) She also calms down immediately when I put the music on. 
  • She will try to "lift" herself up. Seriously. When we had her in her stroller while we were trick or treating, I went to grab her from it at the first house. She kind of pushed herself away from the stroller and tried to get up. She's done it a few times too. Usually when someone is trying to get her to hold her. She likes to make that as easy on a person as possible! LOL
  • I really think she is teething, or starting to at least.
  • She tried "real food" for the first time. And I have to say that it felt amazing to be the one to make her food. It was simple: I just cooked 2 sweet potatoes, added a tiny bit of butter and salt/pepper, and used the baby bullet until it was mushy. She's not loving it yet, but I hear that's normal. Tomorrow we're going to get some peas and carrots, maybe some other potatoes. I think she may not like sweets, honestly. I couldn't tolerate anything sweet when I was pregnant, so that may have something to do with it. We'll see. We'll also be getting some Rice Cereal and maybe even those cookie things, just to have on hand. 

This is my Shocked face!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace