My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Friday, May 3, 2013

Babymoon **Part 2**

I know they say a "babymoon" is supposed to be the trip the mommy- and daddy-to-be take together, to get away and spend quality time together, before the baby is born. And yes, we went with his family. His mom, stepdad, brother, 2 aunts, uncle, grandmother, 8yo cousin, and baby cousin. But I have to say we were really lucky to be able to go on this trip. We were lucky his family offered us this trip, that our jobs let us off. And we were lucky to get some time to ourselves while we were there.

On Thursday, the weather was amazing. We spent most of the day at the waterpark with everyone. It was great. No running around. No crazy rides I couldn't go on. No one feeling left out. Me and the baby "A" got to be a part of the group the whole time!! (Small victory, lol) I didn't feel like I was holding anyone back, because we all got to go into the wave pool whenever we wanted. And I felt great!! I didn't realize it, but all the walking around was starting to kill my feet. Being in the water or on the lazy river.... HEAVEN!!

After catching as much sun as we could, my guy and I went to the Boardwalk. He wanted to watch the draft at the ESPN restaurant. I thought it would be cool to go there. Wasn't sure about the food, but it could still be a good time. I mean, how many "sports-based restaurants" have good food? Well we got there. Based on the line, I thought we were going to have wait a really long time. Luck was definitely on our side though. No more than a 20 minute wait. Plus they had TVs with sound so we could watch the draft going on. And they had a menu outside so we could figure out what we wanted before we sat down.

When we were in, we immediately ordered nachos and our dinners. He got a "Chicago meets Pittsburgh" (fitting I thought!!) and I got a Philly cheesesteak. OMG was it good!! the nachos were amazing. I had to hold back though so I would be able to eat my sandwich. And then it came...and I am pretty sure I ended up over eating!! lol I was STUFFED by the time we left.

Friday we went back to Hollywood Studios. Since it was so late the last time we were there, we didn't get to do a whole lot. But this time we got to walk around and see tons!! We went to the Indiana Jones show (which wasn't at all what I thought it would be, but was a fun break). My guy and I wanted to do the Star Wars ride, but I couldn't because I'm pregnant. :'( Oh well, next year! I got to do the Toy Story ride this time too! I'm no where NEAR as good at those games as my boyfriend and his family, but it was fun. He's like a little kid....with a competitive side! lol We did the "movie ride" and then saw a Mickey Mouse/Disney Jr. show. The baby LOVED it!! He got up and danced and interacted with some of the other little kids there.
Being silly for "A" as we wait for the others on the Star Wars ride.

"YOOK!"


After that we went to Epcot. The last time I was there, it rained the WHOLE DAY!! We didn't get to do anything. This time though, we got to see and do a few fun things. They have this ride "Soarin" which made me a little nervous. It's a virtual ride set up like a plane. You are seat belted in and then raised a little. There's a huge screen in front that shows all these sites in California.  They even blow smells at you so it feels like you are really there! I was nervous because of the train ride we had tried to do a few days before, but this was great.

After that we went on this ride that talked about how Epcot is trying to be eco-friendly, how different parts of the Earth do/need different things... There were even some tanks with fish in them. "A" LOVED it!! He sat in the front and got to see it all really close-up. "YOOK! YOOK!" The whole ride he wanted us to see the cool things he saw.

Most of the fam went on this ride called the "Test Track." The baby and I couldn't so my guy's grandma stayed with us. "A" and I sat in some really cool Chevy's and pretended to drive them. Hey, I felt bad because once again he was being sooo good in his stroller and there wasn't a lot for him to do. Then we went to the Sea portion of Epcot. I can honestly say I wasn't 100% "Yeah buddy" when they mentioned we were going to Epcot at first because I thought it was more of an educational park--which it sort of is. But seeing "A" have as much fun in the Sea portion made me change my mind. He was running around, looking at all the fish. "Sark!" (Shark) "Fis!" (Fish) "Monster!" (Anything really big! lol) I took some video of him in the aquarium but it was really dark so I don't know how it came out.



My guy's and my last full day there was Saturday. We didn't really want to fight crowds. We both had gotten a LOT of sun the past week. And one of his aunts had gotten too much sun (I think). So we opted to go to DownTown Disney and go to Disney Quest, an indoor arcade. Another thing the baby and I could do! Except, by that point I was exhausted! lol I played a few games, tried a virtual reality comic book thing, and took the baby around for a while. But mostly I sat and talked to my guy's mom, aunts, and gma. We were there for HOURS!! Afterwards we went to a Harley store to get his dad a shirt (a tradition of sorts that they have). And that was it....full but not jam-packed! Not a bad last day!

So that was the trip. The babymoon. My vacation to Disney. And as happy as I am that I went, I am now REALLY looking forward to Emma getting here! Less than 10 weeks. 65 days or so....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace