My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Saturday, May 4, 2013

We've got a little stinker!!

Yesterday I went to have another elective ultrasound done of Emma. I took my mom and baby sister (my middle sister was trying to get off work but couldn't). Before the "show" even began they were going a little nutty! LOL My sister got me a teddy bear that we put the baby's heart beat in. She also got one for my mom for Mother's Day and she got herself a monkey one. Then my mom bought me a memory book. I had registered for one but wasn't sure about it. I mean, the ones in the stores where we had registered were okay, but I didn't love them. And you can't look at every page when you register for one online...so I wasn't sure what we were possibly getting. But the ones they had at this place were really cute!! We, of course, got a pink one and started flipping through it, verbally saying the answers we'd fill in later.

Then it was time for the ultrasound. And guess what...She Was Sleeping!! She never sleeps after I eat! That's usually when she's most active during the day. Agh!! What a stinker!!

We tried everything. I pushed and poked and jiggled and wiggled my belly as much as I could. I turned over on both sides and then back to my back. But she was all nestled in there. She was using the placenta as a pillow even!!

At one point, after jiggling her around, she kind of looked up where the wand would be...then immediately turned into the placenta more! Just like when her daddy says "Five more minutes!" Ho boy! This does NOT look good for school mornings already! lol

But the great thing was we did get to see some of her face. And I think she is going to look like my dad! She definitely has our face shape with the chin angles and puffy cheeks. But I think she got my Pappy's nose! Daddy's feet and hands though. That was for sure. The tech took some measurements and said it looked like Emma currently weighs about 3lbs, 12 oz. What a hoss! lol That means, if she stays on track, I could give birth to an 8lb, 12oz baby girl this summer. That's HUGE!

She started making some silly faces at us. Looked like she was blowing kisses or talking. Then she'd scrunch up her nose at us. Finally she was DONE with this photo shoot. She brought both hands up over her eyes. She crossed them in front of her face. She had them in the "Put 'Um Up!" position. She even went so far as to put her FEET in front of her face!! What a stink pot!

Using the placenta as her pillow, and her hand to block a good shot!

Stinker's foot by her face!

3D sepia of her.
Luckily this place is amazing and, when they realized she wasn't going to cooperate, they immediately offered me a chance to reschedule. For free! I was a little depressed going in to that appointment because I thought it would be the last time I see her face until she is born. But her stubbornness was a good thing because now I get to go back in a few weeks and see her again! Not gonna complain about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace