My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Friday, May 3, 2013

Babymoon (REALLY LATE in coming) **Part 1**

Sorry it's taken me this long to write about the amazing trip my guy and I took last week with his family. It's harder getting back into the swing of things now!

So I mentioned before that my guy's family decided they were going to Disney World and had asked us to go with them. At first we weren't sure we would be able to, but ended up working it out to where we could. Boy am I glad we did!! It was an amazing time!! I was able to keep up with everyone (most of the time) and even got to ride a few rides.

I forgot how big of an "ordeal" flying can be! It's an ALL DAY THING just to fly somewhere! Even a two-and-a-half hour flight takes all day because there's the traveling to the airport, checking in, flying, getting your bags, traveling to your hotel/resort, checking in there.... it can be exhausting! You almost can't do anything else those days. On Monday we ended up just going to DownTown Disney and having lunch at T-Rex. We brought his cousin's son (A) who is almost three and he did NOT like this restaurant. All the big dinos and loud sounds made him edgy.

Tuesday we went to Magic Kingdom--Disney World!! We had a huge party of about 15 (with 3 "babies"--under 3-- and an 8yo), so it got a little hectic at times trying to make sure everyone got to do something they wanted to do and could do. I felt a little like the babies at times because there were quite a few rides I couldn't do. I tried to do one of those train rides and it was not good. lol It said "Expectant Mothers should not ride" so I asked the ticket lady why. She said it was just a little bumpy, but they put that up there so they aren't liable. I asked a few people in our group and everyone thought it would be okay. It's kind of a kiddie ride. So I got on. After the first drop, it felt like my uterus went up, then down and landed on my stomach and bladder. So I felt like I was going to throw up and pee on myself at the same time! Weird feeling!! After that, if it said I shouldn't ride, I didn't ride! Whew!!

We spent the whole day there. It was great the rides I did get to ride (Pirates of the Caribbean, It's a Small World....) but I think the best part was watching the babies get to experience all of Disney's magic for the first time. "A" loved all the sights, but he was NOT a fan of the characters walking around. If they approached him, he would cry and hide in his stroller. So we avoided them. But there were lots of things that got him just jumping up and down in his seat. Like when we were on Small World... he and his grandparents were sitting behind us and all you could hear was "Yook!! Yook!!" He wanted everyone to see every cool thing. As an "adult" we tend to avoid this ride unless it's a ridiculously hot day and we just want out of the sun for awhile. But to a baby like him...it's full of fun sights and sounds. Like green goats and dancing dogs. Yook Yook!!

We went on a "safari" boat ride and that was interesting. Smooth ride through the "rivers of the world" with lots of fun facts hidden in between corny jokes. Again, the baby made that ride the best because of all his "Yook"s and "OOOOOhhh"s.
Wednesday morning my guy and I and his mom went for a swim at the resort's big pool for about an hour before heading off to Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. We ate breakfast and I had waffles in the shape of little Mickey heads. Adorable and Tasty!!

Animal Kingdom was fun. We went on another safari ride (Jeep this time) and got to see all these amazing animals!! I saw giraffes, crocs, hippos, lions, and things I had never heard of before. They were just right there waiting for us. I thought maybe it was a real "ride" and the animals would be fake so they could teach about conservation and things like that, but these were REAL ANIMALS!!

We walked around for hours, wearing the baby out in the process. Poor guy took a nap in his stroller at one point. I tried to take him to the kiddie DinoLand area while everyone else was on a ride, but the big dinos scared him. So I just followed him around for about 20 minutes, letting him walk around and change directions as he wanted. Why not, right? We didn't have anything else to do and he'd been so good in his stroller the past two days.

After Animal Kingdom we went to Hollywood Studios so my guy's 8yo cousin could ride the Rock N Roll Roller Coaster for the FIRST TIME EVER!! He's been too short until this year and that's all he could talk about. The people at Disney are so great too. My guy's stepdad ("MR") told them it was the little guy's first time and they gave him a Fast Pass so he could ride it again!

It was kind of late by the time we got to Hollywood Studios, so we didn't get to do a whole lot that time. After Rock N Roll Roller Coaster, we ate dinner and then did the Toy Story Ride. That was a fiasco!! First the ticket person ended up splitting us up, but into uneven groups. I got sent with my guy's brother and grandmother, and the other 8 were in another line. I didn't want to ride by myself (what's the fun in that?) and by the time the three of us were even put into a car, the other group was all done. And some didn't want to ride again....Pregnancy hormones kicked in and I had a mini-meltdown. :/ Not my best moment. I tried to control it because even I knew at the time that it was ridiculous...but once it hit--it hit. I felt bad afterwards, but also knew it was almost 10pm, we had been walking a lot without stopping to eat as often as I am used to (food at Disney is EXPENSIVE!!), and we had packed a lot into the last 3 days. All these combined with the hormones... At least my guy was understanding. And I did only meltdown in front of him, which helped. lol

Okay, that's all for now. I have to get ready for work. I'll post about the last half of the trip later!! Plus some "just for fun, random" pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace