My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Bedtime Routine

We are constantly getting to experience new things with Emma. Before, when my boyfriend would try to read to her, she would get really fussy after about 3 minutes. Tonight though, he was able to get through most of a Dr. Seuss book before she got bored. He said she was looking at the pictures now and really starting to get interested.

That let me know she is ready for me to add a bedtime story to our nighttime routine. I had wanted to do this all along, but didn't want to overwhelm her. We were getting really good about the bath. She will stay in there for almost 15 minutes now. Playing. "Swimming"--aka: kicking her legs like a little frog. Talking to me... she loves her bath.

Recently she started to enjoy getting her pajamas on too. Before she would fight me because she wanted to go straight to the nighttime snack before bed. But now she talks to me throughout me getting her dressed. She laughs at the fan. She laughs at me. It's so funny to watch her. She's never had an issue with a diaper change, but even that seems a little better now.

So tonight, after what my guy told me about him reading to her, I decided to add in storytime. We took a 15 minute bath. Put on some warm jammies. I brushed her soft blonde hair. I gave her half a bottle of breastmilk. Then I read The Lorax to her. She loved the colors. She paid a lot of attention on the pages where there was bright reds and oranges, bold blues and greens, and whatnot. The dark pages she wasn't too interested in though. I gave her the other half of the bottle and then read one of my favorit childhood books to her. The Velveteen Rabbit. I read the whole thing to her, even though she fell asleep about halfway through.

This was one of the best moments as her mommy. Sharing one of my favorite things with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace