My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Monday, August 5, 2013

Emma's visit with her Poppy

Emma turned a month old on Friday. Not 4 weeks, but a month old. And we celebrated in a big way: She took her first road trip! haha

That's right, I took Emma down to my hometown. It's typically about a 6, 6 and a half hour car ride. So we were a little nervous, but she did great! The trip down there took a little longer than we planned. We left about an hour later than we planned. Hit storms and rush hour traffic right away. We had to make 2 stops to feed her; not sure why but those took about an hour each! And right as we were about to be at my dad's we hit construction! But we made it there safe and sound. She only started to fuss about the last hour or so, which is not bad.

My dad was enamored of her! It was so cute to see them together. She was fascinated with him. Every time he held her, she would stare and stare at him. I was a little worried about the late night feedings since she can be pretty fussy if I don't feed her right when she wants. And with my younger brothers just down the hall, I was afraid of bothering them. She was really good though. She fed right on schedule and didn't take too long to put to bed... Considering. LOL

We got to have "drinks" with two of my good friends. By drinks, I mean we had iced tea and water, snacked on fried onions and asparagus. Man, we are OLD! lol I also got to spend a few hours with another good friend. Just chit chatting about the little things going on.

No big events. No major meltdowns. Just a fun visit with my dad and girlfriends. Here are a few pics.
Emma & her Poppy

Emma & Her Poppy

I think there's a pic of my dad holding me and I made this SAME FACE!

Emma with her Aunt Billie

She's a sneaky little sucker! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace