My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Friday, March 8, 2013

Anatomy Scan

***I started this last Saturday before I got some terrible new, and am just now getting around to finishing it. Sorry for the delay. I kept everything how it originally was and stayed with the "time" of the original post. Follow up to come**

After the week I had, Friday just brought so much joy and happiness to me. (I'll explain in a separate post.)

Well, first off: I got to go into work an hour late and leave about 20 minutes early! I had to cover for the hygiene area at work Monday night and can't work over 40 hours, so we worked it to where I came in late Thursday and Friday.

Then I went home and picked up my bf's mom, so she could go with us to the 20 week Anatomy Ultrasound (at almost 22weeks). I was at her house when I got a call from my bf stating he was called out to work and wouldn't make the ultrasound. :(

His mom and I went on to the appointment. We stopped for a quick bite before at a little cafe/bistro place. I had a really good turkey club sandwich and a kind of weird salad. It had pistachios and pears and grapes in it. Grapes were good. The other two... still not sure about! LOL

Then we got to the maternal/fetal center. The tech came in and immediately asked if we wanted to know the gender. Since it had been 6 weeks since we were told, and we were told kind of early, I said yes. I wanted to be sure my Emma wasn't going to turn into my Eli! lol

Well apparently Emma wasn't too thrilled about getting her space invaded. She kept her hands balled up in fists right by her face the entire time! No profile shots for us. And the tech had to push pretty hard to make sure she got the right measurements. Guess Emma was as deep as she could be, because at one point the tech had to use BOTH HANDS to press down. Sheesh, that was uncomfortable. Anytime I wanted to speak up, I just remembered what my dad always said: "If you complain, they just seem to take longer." So I stayed quiet and hoped this prodding would end soon.

Eventually it did. Here's the low-down: on Friday, March 1st, my baby weighed a whole pound and is set for an estimated delivery date still of 7/7. All good news! The tech got up to leave and my bf's mom and I both kinda yelled "GENDER??" She forgot! She came back and did a quick scan, but it was really grainy and none of us could be sure. The tech said "I think it's a girl, but I'm not sure."

A few minutes later the doctor came in. I said "Before you start, could you please double check the gender?" He smiled and grabbed the wandy thing, put it on my belly, and immediately found my baby. "Girl. Definitely a girl. No doubt about it." Then I asked him about her weight. I told him I had had some trouble gaining weight during the pregnancy and just wanted to make sure she's healthy. He did some computer magic and pulled up some stats. "She's in the 45% percentile. She's perfect. Absolutely perfect. Middle of the road perfect." That made me feel so much better. To know she was healthy in there. And if a doc tells you your baby is perfect, well that's a good sign in my book!

Right before we went to leave, he tried to get us a profile shot. He had the wand on my belly and started jiggling it around. Nope. Emma was NOT going to cooperate. She had those fists up ready to duke it out with us! lol She's a feisty one, my little girl. And stubborn too!!! I'm gonna say that's like her daddy! lol (because I can. hahaha)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace