My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Easter

Tomorrow is Easter. And this weekend just reminds me of all the traditions I can't wait to continue with my little girl.

The very first tradition I remember as a little girl is reading the Velveteen Rabbit every year. My Grammy would come down to my mom and dad's house and read it to us every year. If it was really nice out, we would get to sit outside and listen to her read it.
The other tradition is the "hiding of the Easter Baskets." See, we had a big house (at least I remember it being big), with all these fun little nooks and crannies. Places you could hide something easily enough but a little kid could still get to them. Then, on Easter morning, we would all run around the house looking for a basket. Any basket. It didn't have to be ours. It was actually more fun when it wasn't our own basket. Each basket had one of our names in it, so we knew whose it was. When we found a basket, we would go sit in the living room and wait for everyone else to find one. Once they were all found, we would  give the person their basket. It was like you still got all the fun of finding a basket, but then you got the gift of giving someone something they would like too.

The other great thing about our baskets: Yes they had chocolate in them. But they also had our FAVORITE type of candy in them. And they would have a toy or book or something kind of small that was specific to what we liked. I usually got Reese's cups, Nerds, and a book of some kind. My sisters would get what they like.


As I got older, there was another tradition we started. We would watch the movie Steel Magnolias. I don't even know why, but it has become a tradition.

The traditions we never really did: Easter Egg hunts. I don't remember going to too many of them. And I don't know if I would want to go to those. We never did the "get a new Easter dress." Well, I didn't really like dresses so I was okay with that one. I don't know that we'll be able to get away from that with our little girl, but it's not something I see as a "have to do."

Today marks 99 days until my due date. 99 days (round-a-bout) until I get to meet my little girl. Less than 100 days until I get to hold her and see her. I want these 99 days to fly by, but then I'm scared I'm not really ready for her yet. Her room's not finished. We still have a lot of decorating to do with it. Then there's the little things around the house that I want to finish before she gets her. That being said, I still am thankful for every day she's in there. It's one more day for her to get stronger. And one less day until I meet her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace