My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Saturday, March 23, 2013

The "Name Game"


Okay, so the day we found out we were having a little girl, my boyfriend told me he wanted to name her Emily Rose. M is his first initial. Rose is my middle name. She'd sort of be named after both of us. My first thought was of the movie "Exorcism of Emily Rose." (insert shudder). He said I would probably be the only one to think of that. I told him I would go along with Emily if we spelled it EMMALEIGH. Now we both call her Emma anyways, so the spelling doesn't matter as much.

Trouble now is... neither of us love the middle name for her.  First off, I wasn't ever one of those girls who had to pass on my name to my daughter. I think it gets confusing. But also because my mom's first name is Lillie, I'm Rose... I didn't want it to seem like a flower garden on my side! lol

A few nights ago I was talking to my BF's mom and joked about changing her middle name to Grace, that way she'd have a shot at not being a clutz like me. His mom started "oooh-ing" and "ahhh-ing" over the name and saying how much she liked that. I kinda tested it out with my guy last night. He started saying the "new" name over and over. Emmaleigh Grace ____. Emmaleigh Grace ___. He said he liked it a lot better. Plus it wouldn't have the stigma of the horror movie (apparently I *WASN'T* the only one to remember!)

I ran her name by a few close friends and they all said the same thing: they love it. I thought people were silly before when they said "You'll know the baby's name when you hear it." But ever since I spoke it aloud, I've known that was her name. I'm gonna ask him one more time, just to be certain he's on board with it... but I'm pretty sure we've got a name change. Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace