My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Monday, April 1, 2013

Crappy Day

Well this has probably been the least fun 24 hours of my pregnancy so far.

Last night, my bf and I left his mom's house after Easter dinner and dessert. I had taken a little nap, which I haven't done in a really long time. But I didn't think anything of it.

We got home and almost immediately I wanted to go back to sleep. I didn't want to watch TV or read or anything. After about 15 minutes I was burning up. Again, nothing "new" since I am almost always warmer than everyone else around me. I simply kicked off the covers and tried to go to sleep. Things went downhill from there.

Suddenly I was the warmest I have *ever* been. Nothing helped. I pointed the fans towards me. Basically kicked the comforter off the bed completely. Pushed my bf and the dog away. But it was like I was burning up from the inside. Nothing helped.

Then it felt like my stomach was caving in on itself. Not my belly, but my actual stomach, where the food sits. My whole body started to clench up. I had the hardest time breathing. My poor guy had no idea how to help. He kept rubbing my back and telling me to calm down because that wasn't helping my breathing. But it seemed like the more I tried to calm down, the worse I felt. I repeatedly got out of bed thinking I was going to be sick, only to just have a ton of spit.

After almost 25 minutes of this, I jerked up on my knees and held my stomach. Then I threw up in the bed. I bolted (well as best as I could considering I'm 6 months pregnant and my whole body ached) to the bathroom. I made it to the bathroom where I proceeded to throw up for the next 10 minutes. It was so bad, when I woke up this morning, I saw I had burst blood vessels in my face again. Not a cute sight.

My guy was amazing though and helped me clean everything up so I didn't have to do it in the morning.

Woke up at 4am with the alarm going off. I started to get up to hit the snooze, and my head started spinning. I knew it wasn't going to be a good thing. I figured I would go as long as possible to see if I felt better before actually calling off of work. I didn't want to NOT go in, but it wasn't looking good. By 7am, I couldn't move without feeling like I was going to be sick again. So I ended up taking the day off.

Normally, I would use a day off to its fullest. Laundry done. Grocery shopping. Cleaning the house top to bottom. Checking on things online. Paying bills. Etc. Not today. Today if I did more than one thing, or was up for more than like 6 minutes, I felt sick again. I ended up having to take an almost 2 hour nap today to recoup from a shower.

It's hard enough to be sick. It's harder still to be sick and know that there's really no meds you can take at this point in my pregnancy to feel better. And it's ever harder to look around at a house you really want to pick up and know that you just can't. Because then you'll just be back at square one. And taking two days off work just isn't possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace