My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Friday, April 12, 2013

Hiccups

I hate having the hiccups!! I swear. Even before I got pregnant, I hated them. If I hiccup for more than like 2 minutes I get a weird sick feeling in my stomach. Ugh.

So that's why when a girl I work with started telling me to be on the look-out for when Emma starts hiccuping, I have to say I wasn't thrilled. I was afraid it would be like when I hiccup: All that jerking on my diaphragm making me sick. Boy was I wrong!

Yesterday I was sitting at work in a little mini-meeting and felt a little "pop." Kind of like when you are eating Rice Krispies Cereal.... Not a scary thing, but still not 100% normal. My hands flew to my stomach and held it. I wasn't worried, per se, but I hadn't felt anything like this before. Maybe a minute later it happened again in the same spot. And then again. And again. It kept happening for a solid 10-12 minutes! After I figured out what she was doing, I just kept my hands there. I couldn't believe it!

It was so strange to think about. There's this little mini-person inside me, hiccuping!! I just had these images in my head of what she must look like while it's going on. lol

She did this periodically throughout the day. What I didn't realize about her hiccups that I quickly learned is: She was sitting on my bladder when she was hiccuping, so I had to run to the bathroom!! haha

Oh the weird quirks of being pregnant!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace