My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Working on the nursery

We have been working on the nursery little by little since the Super Bowl. After a while though, we started putting it on hold, waiting until we were closer to really get things going.

Yesterday we went to see some friends in Rockford. I was talking to one of our friends' mom about the nursery, trying to figure out what I wanted on the walls (paintings, pictures, general decor), how I wanted to lay it out, what I was going to be able to keep in there... that sort of stuff. I drew a sketch (a very rough sketch) of how I wanted it to look and gave it to her. She and her husband are really artistic and said they would like to paint some of the more intricate decor on the walls. We are going to have a tree painted in one corner with her bookshelf in the trunk of the tree, the saying "Oh the Places You'll Go" above her crib, and a hot air balloon (from the Dr. Seuss book) with some clouds on a separate wall. I'm also going to get pictures of Dr. Seuss characters in frames for the wall by her closet. They are coming to see us Memorial Day weekend to do the artwork for us.

Today we got back into decorating her room. We went to Home Depot to gt the things we needed for her closet. I pretty much knew what I wanted, how I wanted it to look. When we got home, my guy decided he wanted to start working on the outside today too. I had to run errands while he did the major work. When I came home, he started working on the area outside our bay window and I did the finishing touches on the closet.

After I put the shelves up and her clothes in order, I decided to rearrange some of the furniture. Hoping this works out so I can have all the furniture in her room without it feeling too crowded.

Here are a few pictures I took today of her nursery.

Her handmade rocking chair and baby doll bench!

Her totally tripped out closet!

The dresser/future-changing table.

Her handmade baby rocker rocking cradle with my baby blankets.

Handmade Baby doll bench.

Her tiny chair with "Foots."

Another picture of her closet.

This picture frame will get hung up above the window.

Need to hang up these frames and valance.

Her crib. I love this one!

More things to hang up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace