My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Diaper Bags


I hate when I have a "tote purse" and go to look for something only to open the purse and find everything all cluttered at the bottom. Drives me nuts!! I have to know where everything is in my bag. So add in the fact I'll be toting around all my stuff plus everything for a baby, and I've become ridiculously picky!

I have friends who love to buy purses. They say they have a different purse for the occasion and what they need. I'm not like that. I like to have one purse that will do everything. So I'm the same way with this diaper bag thing. This seems to be the HARDEST thing for me to register for!! I cannot find one I love, one the reviews say is durable, but also has the amenities I need. Like pockets. I love compartments in my purses, and I figure that's something I should look for with a diaper bag too.

I spent more time with the diaper bag registry than almost any other part. That may sound bad, but think about it: It's easy to get safety ratings for things like cribs, bouncers, car seats, strollers, etc. Once you have a good brand, then you look for something you like. Easy enough. For a diaper bag, though, it's all about personal preference. Yeah you can knock some out with the reviews about "It won't stay closed," "It came apart at the seams," or even "It's not the color it appears to be." But how are you supposed to know about the way it *feels* when you have the bag?

So today I was on a baby board and reading some of their posts. One was about diaper bags. They asked anyone recommended Vera Bradley diaper bags. And that got me thinking: I have 2 VB bags and love them!! One is a small red duffel I've had for 10 years and it's in perfect condition. The other is a huge pink duffel I've had for probably 8 years, again in near perfect condition. There's a slight stain on one pocket because a pen burst, but because VB has the print it does, I'm the only one who notices.

I went to their website today and found not one--but FOUR diaper bags I love!! Problem is they are all over $100. I'm trying to justify to myself it's worth it to spend that kind of money on a bag. I NEVER spend that much money on one item frivolously. But since I know the quality of VB bags, their durability, their room, their compartments... everything about the brand is amazing. I read the reviews for the four I liked best and one turned out to have just as many bad reviews as good; all having to do with spacing and pocket size, nothing to do with quality. In fact everyone who said they couldn't use it as a diaper bag said they still use it as a gym bag or other purse. So not a total loss, but not something I'd look into buying right now since I need an Emma-bag--not a Rosie-bag!

After everything, I really want a Vera Bradley Diaper bag!! Here are pictures of the three I want in the colors/styles.
Vera Bradley: Make a Change in "Baroque"

Vera Bradley: Make a Change in "Lime's Up."

Vera Bradley: Make a Change in " Dogwood"

Vera Bradley: Convertible Baby Bag in "Dogwood"

Vera Bradley: Make a Change in "Classic Black"
Am I nuts? Is it ridiculous to even think about getting a bag *this expensive*? Or does it make sense because it will last from newborn probably until kindergarten, and then becomes a personal purse? Seriously, I love VB bags, but they are so expensive, I never buy them for myself. Did I mention the red bag was something I won in a raffle and valued at $70, and the large pink bag was originally $250 but I got it at a Sak's outlet--and on sale there!

Oh boy, I just need to stay away from the VB website!! I just found this!!
Vera Bradley: Baby Bottle Caddy in "Dogwood"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace