My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Saturday, January 18, 2014

A (Simple) Great Day

It's only a little after 10am, I get that. But today has been so great so far that I just had to share. And it wasn't because of anything really big or major. We all have just had a really awesome morning! Especially after the day I had yesterday.

You see, yesterday Emma refused to be put down. She refused to sleep unless I was holding her. And I had a migraine. Not a great combination. At all. But then Daddy got home from work and Emma REALLY didn't want to go to sleep. She ate her dinner of pureed spinach and rutabaga mixed with cereal and formula at 5:30pm. Then by 6:30 she was going nuts again. I didn't think she could still be hungry but she shouldn't be that tired yet either! Ugh it was a rough 45 minutes until her Big Bedtime Bottle. And then she and I sat there and watched Daddy play his video game until she fell asleep. Put her in the crib and I passed out about 45 minutes later. I didn't get to check the clock for the first "mommy call" (where she fusses in her crib until I come in there), but it was sometime between 9:30pm and 12:30am. I picked her up, gave her the bink, and she went right back to sleep. I had to do it again at 12:30am. Same thing. 2:30am--same thing. 4:30am was a little harder. She wanted to be held and anytime I put her back in the crib she would wake up. That took almost 35-40 minutes to get her back in bed. I was bushed by then.

But then this morning happened. I heard Emma in the monitor by my bed. She was fussing a little, but nothing that required me to get up. (You get to know the difference in the fussing!) But then it got a little louder and a little louder. And then Daddy went and got her. He changed her (wet only!) diaper and brought her in our room to play. Those extra 15 minutes of laying in bed were HEAVEN!! Then we all played in our room for probably close to half an hour. Finally Daddy said we had to go eat breakfast and start the day.

He took her downstairs and put her in her high chair (which she LOVES to be in!). Then he started making his breakfast of oatmeal, bananas and egg whites. I made Emma her first thing of Oatmeal Cereal and grabbed an oatmeal bar for myself. Daddy even poured me my iced tea! So we all ate our oatmeal together in the kitchen. When Emma saw that Daddy was eating Oatmeal too, Ho BOY did her eyes light up! She kept reaching for his like "It's the same. We can share. Promise!"

After breakfast, Daddy took Emma into the living room to play. I had to do a ton of dishes from yesterday (I made homemade chicken and dumplings again--that's a lot of bowls!). Then I went and tidied the upstairs. Emma played in her jumperoo for about half an hour; Daddy played his video game. Then Emma and I went upstairs to figure out what she wanted to wear today until like 9:15. Then we went and made her snack-to-nap bottle. And by 9:30am (on the DOT) she was asleep.

Now Daddy's at the gym. I'm finishing up the housework that is impossible to do with Emma up (ahem, vacuuming). Than I will watch some TV and just relax until Daddy gets back home. Then I think we get to spend some family time. All-in-all, it's been an amazing day. Even if the rest of the day ends up sour, this morning was just so amazing, I think it would make up for it. And if this day stays this great; well I am truly a lucky lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace