My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Monday, February 18, 2013

Baby Journal

Right after I first found out I was pregnant, I went and bought a simple black journal. I knew I wanted to write letters to my baby. Letters he or she would be able to read later on. Letters about the little moments, the big moments, the crazy feelings. Everything. I wanted to have something my baby would treasure forever.

See, every year on my birthday...at the very minute I was born, my mom would wake me up or call me and say "You know what I was doing at this time (blah-blah) years ago?" Every year, she would do this. It was my favorite part of my birthday. I know it was a moment my mom would (obviously) never forget.

Then there are the simple stories she tells me. Like how she would lay in a warm bath just to watch me "swim." How she had to have a glass of apple juice every day. Sometimes though I wonder about the other days. The things she thought she'd never forget, but over the years and two other pregnancies haven't stuck like she thought they would.

Now though, I'm worried about my idea some. I mean, when I start writing I get really excited. And when I get excited my handwriting gets sloppy. And I don't want to pass down a sloppy silly journal. Plus, I bought a gender-neutral journal before we knew we were having a girl. I don't want to give her a boring black book. :(

Now I have to decide. Do I want to type all the letters on my computer and print them out, bind them nicely, and give her that? Or type them to save them so I can write them into a pretty journal later on? Or just go buy the nice journal now and transfer what I already have and add to it? Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace