My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Countdowns and such

I was looking at one of the registries I started when I noticed something pretty cool: There's a countdown on there!!

Know what else is cool? It said there's 148 days until Emma's due date! Holy cow!! Less than 150 days. I can't believe it. It's starting to feel more and more real now.

There's been a ton going on in the house lately, which may explain why I haven't blogged as much. First off: We've been making serious progress on Emma's room. About a week ago, my bf went out to pick up a few things we needed around the house. It was getting a little late and I got a call. He asked if I liked these certain colors. I said yeah. He then said "Good, because they're mixing it up now for Emma's room." HAHA It was soo cute!

He came home and ended up spending the whole next day taping, priming, and starting to paint her room. My stepdad came over to help and they really knocked out a lot. They finished up a majority of the painting the following day. We both had a crazy work week, so the finishing touches took a while. But as of yesterday, her room is completely painted. You should see how proud my bf is when he looks around at the colors he chose for his daughter's room. I think that, more than anything else, makes them the PERFECT colors.

We are now working on figuring out the layout and trying to find some of the little details that will make her room girly and fun and fit into our theme. This seemed a lot easier before. Before I realized I'm not going to get most of her things for the nursery until the shower, which isn't for a while.

I don't know why I didn't think about that before. I mean, like I mentioned in a previous blog, I have been to several baby showers. So I know there are always a lot of "nursery things" given at them. I guess the planner in me managed to overlook that aspect though. For some reason I really thought we would have a lot of her nursery done closer to the 20 week mark....

And BAM... this just hit me. Tomorrow is 19 weeks. I am seriously almost halfway through this pregnancy already! WHAT?? That's crazy!! I knew the time would fly by and go slow at the same time, but this is insane.

Oh, and I figured out the best way to sleep. See everyone was telling me to go buy an adult boppy/pregnancy pillow. But those things are like $70!! So I was trying to maneuver pillows around and try to get comfy. One night I happened to take the king-sized super-soft throw blanket we had folded up at the end of the bed. It was folded in quarters, hot-dog style. Then I folded it in half. And it works EXACTLY like a boppy!! We just saved $70 and I'm sleeping so comfortably now. Well, when Jax isn't kicking me! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace