My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas 2013

Family Photo from Christmas morning
 To put it simply: Christmas was an undeniable success!! I still can't believe how much love we got to be apart of. We got to open presents with my mom, stepdad, and youngest sister on the 23rd. Emma got some really cute outfits. She also got some toys that (we hope) will help her learn to crawl. 





On Christmas Eve, we packed in as much fun and family time as possible. 
 Daddy had to work first thing in the morning, but we got to open our family presents after that and before we left for the day. I must say: I loved everything I got! It means so much more when you can tell that the person really took the time to think about what you would like. I had mentioned a few times that I really wanted to see the movie Divergent (coming out next year some time) and that it was based on this book, series. He got me the case with all 3 hardbacks!! Plus he handpicked some cute shirts and things I would never get myself or think I'd look good in. Turns out, he knows me better than I know myself because I LOVED the clothes! I think my guy liked his things too. Especially the traffic coffee mug Emma got him; it has pictures of him with Emma from every month since she was born, plus a few of his favorites. Emma got a cute outfit and her Tinkerbell ornament. I know I mentioned in the previous post that we didn't get her an ornament, but I guess I didn't consider this as part of the "tradition" mainly because we didn't get to put it on the tree this year.

Then we went to his dad's side for Christmas. We ate and chatted and just hung out for a lot of the day. Because Emma usually goes to sleep around 7:30/8, we couldn't stay as late as we normally would have (we had to get to the Christmas with his mom's side still). We opened presents and Emma got so many fun toys! Then we made sure everyone there that wanted a pic with her got one. A little different than last year when I made sure to take pics of each family "group." This year it was Emma with each group.



Then we made our way to my guy's mom's-side for Christmas with them. We managed to get all of Emma's gifts opened before it got too-too late. We couldn't stay for very long though. Since Daddy was up at 6:30am for work, he was exhausted. Add in the fact Emma had been up since then too, without too long of a nap, and you have a very cranky couple of people if you keep them up too long. haha Seriously though, we got so many great things for all of us. I got a new set of pots & pans (much needed!!) and a griddle (which we were able to use the very next morning!) plus a set of jammies (also used the next morning! haha). Daddy got some fun things. But, once again, the winner of the night was definitely Emma. She got some truly incredible toys. Things she can easily use now and things she will be able to grow into using.




 We woke up Christmas morning and opened all of Emma's gifts from Santa. Cool thing? He even made a stop at my Grammy's house to pick up her gifts for Emma to open on Christmas morning and he stopped at one of Emma's great-Aunt's house to pick up her gift for Emma; and brought those with him! :) Emma got a lot of books, some Disney movies (including the Cinderella one she had picked out and we told Santa she wanted!), plus some fun music/light toys to play with. They were smaller so we can bring them with us anywhere. Then we had breakfast with some family members.


 After that, we headed to my guy's mom's house and spent a good part of the day there playing with Emma's grandparents, cousins, and aunts. She even had a few gifts to open there that she loved playing with.


So here they are: pics of all of EMMA'S gifts from Christmas. I wasn't kidding when I said she made out like a bandit!! Hahah It took me two whole days to take everything out of their boxes, assemble them, and put them away. :) When you look at these pics, remember: THESE ARE JUST EMMA'S GIFTS! Ho Boy! So much love.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace