My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Christmas miracle

There are some things which just cannot be explained. Case in point: This time last year, my boyfriend & I gave his mom a Christmas ornament: Tinkerbell in a glass ball. I wasn't a huge "Peter Pan-fan," there are other Disney stories I like a lot more. But we picked it because Laurie loves Disney and I didn't see too many things Tinkerbell/Peter Pan in her house. At that time we had no idea we were having a little girl. As a matter of fact, my guy honestly believed we were having a boy and refused to think otherwise! lol


Almost immediately after Emma was born, my sister started calling my baby girl our little "Tinker-belly." The name stuck. It's the reason Emma was Tinkerbell for Halloween. Yesterday I went to pick Emma up from her Nonna's and saw the ornament. I had completely forgotten about it and the story until I saw it. I showed it to Emma and told her the story. She was completely silent/still as she looked at the little glass ball. And that's saying something, because my little girl is full of energy and wants to be doing something ALL THE TIME!

For those of you who need "proof" of higher powers or faith, then I offer this as tangible evidence. God was showing me, at 12 weeks pregnant, that I was going to have a little Tinkerbell. She is my perfect little girl with her blonde hair and blue eyes; her feisty personality and complete love of family. She is my miracle baby, my dream come true. And yes, sometimes I wish we were in Never-Never Land so she could stay little forever. And then again I don't. I cannot wait to see her grow, see her accomplishments and setbacks, see her fall in love and have a family of her own. But for now I will bathe in her perfect glow, her infectious laugh, and her tenacious spirit.

I love you Emmaleigh. Merry Christmas, baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace