My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Friday, December 6, 2013

Thanksgiving

Okay, I'm a little behind on this one. Things have just been going non-stop around here for a while now. This is basically the first time I've had to stop and catch my breath.

I have to say, Thanksgiving was a pretty good day. Both my guy and I were off, which was nice. It seems silly to have to say that, but our schedules were so not in sync that week. We tried to sleep in but Emma had other plans for us. We were up bright and early & like 6am. We played for a bit. Her Daddy even changed her and got her dressed for the day. Well, I had picked out 2 outfits for him to choose from, but he did make the final decision! lol

We first went to his dad's mom's for dinner. Emma got to see her great-grandma and great-grandpa, an aunt, 2 uncles, and a cousin. She even got to eat mashed potatoes!

Then we went to his mom's. We ate mostly desserts there since we went RIGHT after dinner. But I did manage to steal quite a bit of the ham! lol I am much more of a ham person than a turkey person. I mean, I love deep fried turkey, but I would still--even then--choose a ham over turkey if given the option.

We took a lot of pictures of Emma with her cousin "A." I swear, my heart melts a little bit every time I see the two of them together. "A" absolutely LOVES Emma. Always wants to make sure Emma isn't crying. At one point we told "A" to sit if he wanted to hold her. He looked right up at me and goes "Why? Her mine." Emma loves him back, too. You can see it. She was being held by one of her great-aunts, but when "A" came near, she reached as far as she could for him. She kept trying to get him. And they played together so easily. He would press the button on the Singing Frosty-the-Snowman just so Emma would laugh. They are going to be such good friends as they grow up together. It makes me so happy to see that.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace