My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

We. Have. Teeth!

That's right!! Emma cut her first tooth last night!! I am so excited. And a little sad, truth be told. I've been saying for a while now that I am totally okay with certain aspects of her growing up: Sleeping in her crib in her own room. Crawling. Talking. Those are all great milestones that I can't wait to reach. But the tooth? That was the ONE milestone I was actually dreading. I mean, think about it: There will NEVER be another picture with her gummy smile. There will ALWAYS be a tooth in her pictures now. Babies sleep in cribs. Babies can stop crawling and just sit or lie there. Babies can stop talking and just look at you. But the tooth is PROOF that she is growing up. And it makes me so happy and so sad.

BUT--It was too funny how we found out too.

So Emma was good all day yesterday. Nothing out of the ordinary at all. I had to run errands and it was all of 5 degrees outside, so I didn't want to take Emma out in it. I let her spend a few hours with her Nonna and Grandpa. I finished up around 1pm, but stayed around their place and hung out with them a few more hours--until Emma's 2nd nap of the day.

She woke up around 5-ish. Daddy got home and Emma LOVES that. It's so funny to see her when he first walks in the door, or when she firsts notices him. And after that, she thinks he needs to just STAY home! haha Well yesterday he had to run and pick a part up after he had already gotten home. That ticked Emma off some, and she got a little fussy. She was still fussing when he got back. I held her while he ate dinner and he said I should maybe let her bite on my finger for a bit. (She's been teething for what seems like forever already, and this seems to help alleviate her discomfort some.) So I did.

Emma grabbed my thumb and practically THREW IT in her mouth and started chomping down right away. My thumb was turned so my nail was on her lower gums. I felt something solid and "weird." I was like "What's in her mouth?" I started to pull my thumb out to look and then it hit me:

SHE HAS HER FIRST TOOTH!

Her first tooth is her Lower Right Front. In Dental terms, tooth "P;" in orthodontic terms, "LR1." It's this tiny little white piece of tooth just starting to poke out of her gum. I've been trying all day to get a picture of it. She's not letting me at all. She thinks it's a fun game though. She'll smile real big and laugh and shake her head "No" when I get the camera out.

Oh, that's another fun thing. She is always shaking her head "No" now. And at appropriate times. Like today I asked her if she wanted to change cloths. She shook her head "No." I asked if she just wanted to be naked baby and she laughed her big baby chuckle. She really knew what I was saying and made a choice! She's a genius, by the way! hahah just kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace