My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

1 month check up

Today Emma had her "one month" check up. Seriously? Already?!? No way! It can't really have been that long since I brought this gorgeous little person into the world!! And there it is in black and white. Her birthday is July 2. Yesterday was 4 weeks. Friday will be her one month birthday. Numerically it all makes sense. But in my heart I can't believe we are already halfway through my maternity leave! I have 5 weeks left with her full-time. Then it's back to work. :(

Anyways, back to the reason for this post. It's a short one. Just a little update on her stats. Just a refresher: Last check-up was 2 weeks ago. She was 7lbs, 12oz & 20.75" long.

This check up: 8lbs, 15.5oz and no length change. She's almost 9 pounds already! Half an ounce from 9pounds! So that means after the feeding she had while we were there, she was probably 9lbs when we left! lol She gained 19 ounces in 2 weeks! And we were all worried she wasn't getting enough to eat! haha She proved us wrong!

And she was SUCH a good girl at her appointment too! She was wide awake and making faces at the nurse. She was quiet when I was asking my "new mom questions." She fussed a little bit while we were waiting for the doctor but only because she was hungry (understandable, don't you think?!?). Then the doctor came in and she was amazing while her ears were checked and her lungs and her mouth. She even let the doc get most of the way through the physical part of the check up--where the doctor has to pull the legs down, push them up, lay them flat to the side, turn her over and check again, push on her belly some... Emma started to get really annoyed on the last check, when the doc pushes her legs all the way out and down--butterfly style. You could tell Emma was done with the check up at that point. And who could blame her really? I don't love sitting Butterfly style and I'm used to it! lol But other than that, the doc says she's doing amazing! She's a healthy, happy baby girl!

Okay, that's it for now. It's really late and I have a FULL day tomorrow. I have to get up early and spend some time with my guy, clean the house a little bit, pack for our weekend getaway to my hometown to see my dad and some of my best girl friends, work a little bit on a project or two for my mom,... and have some kind of dinner ready when my guy gets home!  Think I can do it all?

Such a perfect baby at her check up today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace