My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Has it really been 2 weeks already?

My baby had her first doctor appointment on Monday, July 8th. The doctor said everything was great; we still had to supplement with formula for a little bit longer because Emma lost over 9 ounces since birth (normal, but add that with the jaundice and they'd rather be safe than sorry--FINE BY ME!! haha) When we were leaving, I went to schedule her 2 week check up. At the time, the receptionist was looking at the calendar and said "July 15th...wait, that can't be right. It can't already be the middle of July?!?" I told her "You're telling me! My baby will be 2 whole weeks at that appointment!"

Yesterday was her check up and she grew half an inch (she's now 20.75 inches). But the biggest thing was she gained 11 ounces in ONE WEEK! She's a chunkster at 7lbs, 12 ounces. The doctor said she was gaining weight "like a champ" and we could stop formula feeding. I bet her daddy will be really happy to hear that! haha Well, I don't know. All the formula we went through these past 2 weeks happened to be free. Either the hospital gave it to us, or I was using the Enfamil from Peek-A-Belly. All free!

I can't believe my baby is 2 weeks old today! And every day I am more amazed by her. She is SUCH a good baby!! She really only cries when she's hungry--sometimes when she needs changed. And she usually does pretty good about sleeping through the night. On our good nights, she wakes up between 12 and 1 to eat, then goes right back to sleep. Her daddy and I wake up at 4:30 so he can go to work, then Emma wakes up at 5 to eat again. It works out great!

Of course the perfect sleeping arrangement isn't every night. If her daddy has to work on something late then she is UP. She is such a Daddy's Girl! When he leaves to go to the gym, she will wake right up when that door closes. And she'll sometimes stay fussy until he gets back home. Then, the second he walks in, she's fine. She also calms down completely if I call him and have him on speakerphone. She loves the sound of her daddy's voice. He says I should try playing Pandora on the iPad for when she's fussy because it worked when he tried it. We'll see how that goes for me though!

Okay, so that's about all we have for now. Time to go feed the little princess! :)
~Happy Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace