My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Friday, July 12, 2013

"Return to Me"

Okay, this movie is SUCH a chick flick! I know it. But I love it. It has Minnie Driver, Bonnie Hunt, David Duchovny, and James Belushi.

Quick Plot: Driver plays a woman who has a heart defect and needs a transplant to live. Duchovny plays the widowed husband; Driver receives his deceased wife's heart. Hunt plays Driver's best friend and Belushi is Hunt's husband. They are obviously the comedic relief a lot of times.

I don't want to give any of the story away, so I'm going to write the real reason for this post. I really feel like Hunt & Belushi's marriage is so much like me and my boyfriend!! I didn't realize it at first, or even when I first watched the movie--even the first hundred times!!-- but I think I've always been looking for a relationship like that one.

See Hunt is a stay at home mom with 5 kids. She's strong-willed and fun, always a little frazzled (FIVE KIDS remember?!?) but manages to keep it all together. Belushi is a cop who is a little scatterbrained and kind of irreverent (in a fun way). They have these little "fights" that are just so typical of couples who have been together forever.
Example: They are getting ready to eat dinner and one of their sons says "If you don't like priests, you'll go straight to hell." Then Hunt looks at Belushi and says "Great, you taught him 'Hell'." Belushi goes: "How do you know you didn't teach him Hell?" She says "I've never said Hell in my life you SOB." Just funny and real.

Then there's the way they are together. They are always wanting to touch each other. Nothing "weird." Just comforting. Like when they are in the kitchen and Belushi is shirtless drinking a beer; Hunt & Driver are talking about guys. Hunt & Driver start laughing at Belushi so he does this belly roll thing. And Hunt puts her arms around him--hugging him from behind. It's just so loving.

This is soooo me & my bf 10...15 years down the road! :)
It's those fun and simple moments in the movie that remind me of how great my relationship is. Watching this movie is like looking into a crystal ball. I can totally see me and him having those same moments down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace