My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Monday, July 1, 2013

My "Forever Job"

When kids are little, we always ask them: What are you going to be when you grow up? And you get all sorts of answers. Firefighter. Bull Rider. Astronaut. Doctor. Lawyer (yes I had a little kid tell me that once!). Some--well few--really follow through with those initial dreams. Mainly because there are so many dreams that a little kid has, that they change all the time.

But then there are those select few that know EXACTLY what they want to be when they grow up. And they go through school knowing, planning, training to be that one thing. Of those select few, even less actually get to accomplish their dream. And you always wonder-at that exact moment they realize they have just achieved their dream, if their thinking: "What's next?"

Then there's me. You can ask ANYONE in my family. Since my very first baby doll, I have only ever wanted to be a mom. Every "career" I chose was based on that one thing. If I said I wanted to be an architect, I always followed it up with "because then I can bring my babies along with me and they can get a REAL education." Or I'd say a teacher so I could be home when my babies were home. That sort of thing.

Basically, what I'm trying to say, is that I am about to start the only "job," the only "career" I have ever wanted my entire life. I am HOURS away from being a mom. And the great part about "fulfilling" my dream, is that I can never and will never say: No What? Because every day will be a new adventure. Every day from here on out I will be a Mommy. I will always worry about my baby and strive to make things better for her.

In the grand scheme of things, I am so thankful for how my pregnancy went. I didn't get gestational diabetes. I didn't have high blood pressure. I didn't gain too much weight. Yes, throwing up and getting little sleep was hard, but when I think now--looking back on what *could* have gone wrong, I am grateful.

So this is it. Probably my LAST POST as a pregnant woman. Last post before I officially become a mommy who holds their baby in their arms. I can't wait to write my first post with my daughter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace