My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Thursday, June 27, 2013

The most amazing man...

I don't think I've said it on here (and I know I sure as heck don't say it enough in general), but I think I have one of the most amazing men in the world beside me.

It can't be easy: getting up every single day at 4:30am and going to work a manual labor job, outside usually, for 8+ hours a day. Every day. Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter--it doesn't matter. 100+ or -10 outside, it doesn't matter. Then to come home and help me with the things I can no longer do by myself being 8 months pregnant (well kinda 9 now). To make time for friends and family. And to prepare for our little girl.

My guy takes on so much that I feel like even I sometimes overlook all he does. Maybe it's because his day starts so much earlier than mine, it looks like he gets it easy because he's home by 3pm and has time to: play some video games, go to the gym, have lunch with friends, go visit family during the day. But then I stop and remember: He has been up since 4:30am!! He has been at work as long as I have and the day's barely half over!! He spends those few hours before I get home doing things--almost never stopping.

And then there are our weekends. He gets to "sleep in" until maybe 7:30 or 8am. He'd like to sleep later, but we always have things to do and it seems like no time to do them in, so it's more early mornings for us.

So here we are, "3 days and a wake up" as my dad likes to say, from one of the biggest days in our lives together. I know I'm freaking out. I'm making MAD LISTS and trying to get it all done now. I'm realizing how much there still is to do and wondering just how in the world I'm actually going to get it all done. And then I look at my boyfriend and marvel at how he does it every day. I mean, I am going to get all this time off after our baby is born. I'm going to have time to figure out what needs to be done, what can wait; what I need to have on hand, what was just a luxury. Him though... well he doesn't get all that time off. He will be back to the grindstone fairly quickly after her birth.

So that's it. Just a quick little "Thankful" post to someone who does more than you can imagine! In the words of Elinor Dashwood: "I do not attempt to deny that I think very highly of him, that I... greatly esteem him... I like him."
~~Clarification for those not so "Jane Austen-ified": I don't consider loving someone to be a choice; it is something that hits you and leaves you breathless at its force, but not a choice. You DO choose whether or not you like someone. Every day you make the choice to like someone. And every day I not only love this man, but choose to like him a great deal too! It's not that hard to do though when there is so much to like!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace