My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Friday, June 7, 2013

How much longer?!? (part 2)

So yeah. I was a little negative in the first part. Sorry about that. I just needed a little mini-vent.
Here are all the good things I have had recently and expect in the NEAR future.

Belly rolls. Not the unflattering kind they make fun of the stars with on those magazines. But the kind where you are laying down and suddenly your entire stomach feels like it just rolled on itself. *THOSE* kind! haha Like yesterday morning. After I saw my guy off to work, I thought I would lay down for the 90 minutes before I needed to wake up. Ms. Emma had other plans. She wanted to PLAY! I was laying on my right side and felt her shift over. Then she started kicking the "bed." I thought maybe I was squishing her, so I rolled over (gracefully, of course...haha) to my left side. But then I felt that rolling sensation again... And she started kicking the bed again!! We played this game for a full 30 minutes. I didn't even mind the lack of a mini-morning-nap!

Her kicks. They are a lot stronger now. You can see my entire belly move when she kicks. And when she has the hiccups, she always kicks me! It's fun to think about what she might be doing in there. If she's playing any "games." What might be getting her all excited... If she's ready to come out yet! lol

Reasonable countdowns. Example: I have 30 days until her due date. 25 days until my last day of work for 2 months. 15 days until my last baby shower. 9 days until Father's Day. 8 days until my bday. 7 days until the office baby shower. These countdowns are so TINY compared to what they used to be!!

Her nursery. It is really coming together now!! A good friend at work is giving me her glider she used with her daughters today. It's exactly like the one I registered for initially, but it will save me and/or my family almost $200!! That's money we can put on other things. Like wash cloths, receiving blankets, bottles for when Daddy wants to feed her and when I have to go back to work, diapers, wipes... all those little things that add up. I cannot believe how amazing her room is. I know I picked the "theme" of Oh The Places You'll Go... but it has taken EVERY ONE of our family members and even some friends to help make it the perfect vision. She has blue skies and green grass. She has an incredible tree in the corner which we will sit under in the glider. She has fun prints of Dr. Seuss characters on the wall. It's not all pink and frills but it is definitely fit for our little girl!

The baby showers. My boyfriend's mom threw me an amazing surprise shower last weekend. (Check out my post on it.) It was incredible. Fit for a little princess with all the shades of pink and the elegant decor. There was even a pink-themed candy buffet table! Next up is the office baby shower thrown by my friend who is giving us the glider. It's going to be Dr. Seuss themed. Every day my friend comes into work and tells me she has all these great ideas for the shower, or she went and bought some fun stuff for the shower. Mind you, she never elaborates... just tosses out the teasers so I have to wait until next week! Then my mom and sister are throwing a shower at the end of the month. Want to make sure all the little necessities are here before Emma gets here. Plus, the summer is hard with my family living in about 5 different states, and we all have birthdays/anniversaries in May and June. My mom and little sister did go to the shower my guys' mom threw, and invited his mom and aunts to this last one; so it'll be like a joint thing--but maybe not all the pressure of having BOTH HUGE families try to get together in one place at one time.

Maternity leave. Yes. I am VERY MUCH looking forward to being off of "work" for 2 whole months. I know taking care of my first child isn't going to be a vacation. And I'll probably get even less sleep than  I do now. But I am so excited to get 60 WHOLE DAYS with her. I have planned on a little vacation to my hometown to see my besties, introduce them to their newest "niece." Because, let's face it: my family isn't just the people I am related it. It's all the friends in my life who have been there for me through it all. My girls are my best friends/my sisters. Their babies are my nieces and nephews. And now I get to add to that. I can't wait to show Emma off to all my girl-friends in August. I hear that babies do well in car-rides the first few months. That it's actually better to try and take a trip then versus when they are older and don't want to be in the car seat. My guy is a little nervous about me making the trip "by myself" if something comes up and he can't come with me. He said I can only go if one of my sisters comes with me!! haha.

Announcement Cards. Yes, I am already registered on a site that does baby announcements! haha. But they are just too cute I needed as much time as possible to look over them and decide what I would want to send out when she's here. I have about 12 favorites!! Hopefully by the end of next week, I'll be able to talk to Emma's daddy about what he likes and we can narrow this down some. Otherwise: would it be bad to have 2-3 different TYPES of announcements?!?!? Seriously, they are THAT CUTE!

I was going to put together a journal of letters for her. And this item was ALWAYS on my To Do List: "Type memories to put in journal." Then I realized I kind of am doing that already with this blog. So I feel a little better. She'll be able to read these posts and know what Mommy was thinking and feeling throughout the past few months. Maybe I'll get Daddy to write something on here... Eh. That's a big MAYBE!

My Labor & Delivery Bag. Yep, it's packed. For the most part. Of course there are some things I can't put in there yet, so I wouldn't say it's done-done. But it's definitely more done than not. I printed a few lists from some sites, took those lists to my mommy-friends and asked them what was really needed and what wasn't--then packed based on that. I still need to pack a mini bag for my guy but he's not a big "planner" like I am, so I'm not going to stress too much about that. I have a list of things for him too, if he wants to get a jump on it, but not holding my breath!

Dr. Appts. I have one next week with The Doctor, then every week after that. Plus I have an eye appointment this weekend--get that out of the way before things get too crazy around here! Plus it'd be nice to have prescription SUNGLASSES for once. That way I can wear my glasses in the summer instead of contacts all the time. And I have a massage set up for about 2 weeks before her due date. Try to relax even more before she's here.

Okay, that's about it for now! I still can't believe I could be a MOMMY in like THIRTY DAYS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace