My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Monday, June 17, 2013

Busy birthday weekend

Well this weekend was by far the most PACKED weekend we have had in a long time. There was just so much going on.

Friday was my work baby shower right after work (check out the pics in that blog). After that, I headed home so I could change into comfy clothes... because we were going to my mom's for my birthday dinner. See, my anniversary is also my birthday, so my family decided we would just have dinner together the day before. So we headed over there for a few hours. Ate. Hung out. Told some fun stories. Just had a generally fun time.

Saturday was my birthday and anniversary. My boyfriend gave me gift on Friday. I was bringing in the gits from my shower and he asked if I wanted my gift a little early. OF COURSE! LOL He got me a Nook!! I am so excited about this! I mean, yes, I am traditional in the sense that I love my paper books. But I think this will be something amazing for when I am doing the late-night feedings. It has internet, games/apps, etc on top of the books. I will be able to read, check facebook, post some things on here.... all while I'm feeding her. Once I told him about this, he was even more happy he got it for me! lol (It will help keep me awake during those late hours.)
I have a Nook!

My Nook and cute cover!

The cover is adorable!

On Saturday, my guy had to get a lot of stuff done, so the morning was spent checking things off my To Do List. And boy did I get a lot done! I got all my Thank You cards filled out and ready to go. Got a haircut (this was a mistake... shouldn't have done that). Picked up my new prescription sunglasses. Cleaned up the house. Got all the laundry washed and dried (not necessarily folded! lol). Had lunch with my sister. Returned somethings to Target and Penney's. Picked up a dress for my anniversary dinner later that night....

I had made reservations at Rainforest Cafe for our anniversary. My guy had brought it up a few times that he wanted to eat there. I thought it would be fun. I told the lady when I made the reservations (and when I confirmed that day) that it was for a birthday and anniversary. When we got there, I told the hostess I was there for my reservation. I don't guess she understood, because she just put a "2" on a card and had them seat us anywhere. They ended up placing us next to a birthday party for like an 8yo. And the rest of the people around were families with little bitty babies crying. The food was ok, but not what I was hoping for. Ugh... Oh well, like my guy said: there wasn't a lot we could do since I am 8 and a half months pregnant. Maybe next year we will leave Emma with family and get a night out. Not sure we will be able to handle being away from her though!

I already posted about Saturday night's "adventure," so I won't go into that again. But it just added to the craziness of the weekend.

Yesterday was Father's Day. You would think after spending all night in the hospital, we would take it easy. Nope. Not our style! LOL My guy had to finish up helping his uncle. Then we went to his dad's for the rest of the day so he could fix something with their water. (It was WAY above my comprehension! LOL Good thing I'm dating someone who's smart enough to do all that!) By the end of the day, neither of us had any energy left. We basically got out of the car and went STRAIGHT to sleep!

I think we still overdid it though, because we both woke up sick as heck this morning. If I stood up, I would get dizzy or throw up. He was in the same boat. I ended up having to take the day off work. I'm realizing more and more how strenuous it is making a baby. And I'm just not able to do EVERYTHING like I used to. I'm being forced to take more breaks and cool it on the To Do Lists! Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace