My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Monday, June 17, 2013

Emma's "Seussical" Shower with co-workers

Friday was such a fun day!! I got to go to a baby shower thrown by one of the girls I work with. She had it at her house so it was low-key but lots of fun too. It wasn't a big shin-dig--with the summer and all, a lot of people had made plans beforehand. Just a few of my friends from work. And some girls who used to work with me showed up too.

My friend decorated her house in Dr. Seuss. There were Lorax puff-trees lining the foyer. She had a cute sign in the driveway welcoming us to the Seussical Shower. Red/white and blue/white streamers hung in her kitchen. There were cute little cards all over with some of the more memorable Dr. Seuss quotes.

And the fun was soooo yummy. There was her BLT dip which I actually took the last of home with me. She had fresh fruit and a sweet pina colada dip (Vanilla Greek yogurt, coconut shavings, and rum extract so I could try it). And homemade guac.

She also hung a clothes line in the living room. On it were all kinds of cute baby things. a few onesies, some burp cloths/cloth diapers, socks, mittens, hats, washcloths and even some hooded baby towels! Turns out all that (plus some diapers and wipes) were her actual gifts to me!!

Then there was the AMAZING CAKE!! It had scenes or moments from "One Fish, Two Fish" and "Cat in the Hat." The bottom layer was chocolate with raspberry creme, The top half was red velvet cake and cream cheese frosting. The story behind that is: I had told my friend a story about how my dad used to get me a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting every year for my birthday. Since the shower was the day before my bday, she went above and beyond and kind of incorporated my birthday into the shower. 

I couldn't believe all the cute things I got. So many outfits! We even got her some sunglasses! Another girl I work with knows that I am planning on breastfeeding, so she got me an awesome "starter kit."

I didn't get too many pics of the shower because we were all mingling around and having fun. I did get a few though, so here they are:
The clothes line with all sorts of things we'll need

My cake!

Even the base was fun! :)

The "hat" was red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting in between the layers in it. The "fish" layer was chocolate and raspberry.

Old fish and new fish!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace