My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Sunday, June 16, 2013

False Labor

Last night/This morning was a mini-adventure. Ended up in the hospital for what I thought was labor, only to leave with no idea what was going on....

Around 11:15 I started getting contractions. They weren't severe, merely uncomfortable. At first I didn't think anything of them, but then I realized they were pretty close together. I timed them and they were 6-8 minutes apart. I timed them for an hour and they came--every 6-8 minutes. I grabbed my "What to Expect" book, flipped to the "When you should go to the hospital section," and there it was. I had like6 out of 9 symptoms, the biggest one being consistent contractions for an extended period of time. Plus, whenever I walked, it felt like she was going to split me or fall out. Okay then, time to wake up the BF.

We got to the hospital, gave them all the information, and waited. And waited. And waited. Took the transport guy almost 30 minutes to come get me. My guy was like "Sheesh, I could have walked you up there faster than this!" Finally I get wheeled to L&D. I was still timing the contractions: Still 6-8 minutes. They take all my info again in the room. They ask if my water broke. I told them no, but my family has a history of requiring medical assistance to break the water sacs. We typically don't rupture on our own. Well after that, the nurses seemed to think I was an idiot and "one of those moms" because they basically just wrote me off. They started giving me contradictory info--from what the doc said on Thursday and what the OTHER nurse said!

On Thursday, doc said I was 1-2 and the head was all the way down. Nurse #1 said I wasn't dilated at all. She did agree that the baby was really low. She kept saying that I wasn't in labor, but when I asked what was wrong, she didn't know. She took forever to actually process the sample which would say if I was dehydrated or had an infection or what could explain what was going on... if it wasn't labor. Nurse #2 comes in an hour later and tells me I'm not dilated at all and that the baby is "really high up." Still haven't processed to see if I have an infection, so I had to ask like 3 times.

Finally around 3am they hook my up to an IV. Thing is, they say I'm definitely NOT in labor, and DEFINITELY not dehydrated. They don't know what's wrong. We ended up staying there until 6am. When they discharged me, they said they didn't know what was wrong. Still. But I could go home. I'm beyond frustrated by all this. I mean, what am I supposed to do? If I wasn't in labor, then something was going on. If it was something I could fix or stop, then I wanted to know. But I left with LESS info than when I went in.

Not to mention today is Father's Day. So after not sleeping last night (I only got an hour of sleep in the hospital and NONE all day yesterday), I am beyond exhausted. Glad I don't have to actually do anything today.  My stomach is all crampy. There's some mild Braxton Hicks periodically. My head hurts. And it still feels like she's going to fall out. So not a "jump up  and down" kind of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace