My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Thursday, June 13, 2013

A "Fun" Dr. Appt

As of today I am 36weeks, 4days pregnant. That means a little under 3 and 1/2 weeks to go until my due date. That's not a very long time when compared to how long I've already been pregnant. But they say these are the hardest few weeks, so it sort of evens out.

Today I had a doctor appointment. Second one with the new guy. Although I don't *Love* the wait at this place, I am already exponentially happier with them. And considering the type of appointment I had to have, that's saying something! LOL


Today I went in for the culture, cervical exam, and to review the results from the ultrasound on June 1st. Not to be too graphic on anyone, but one was nothing, one wasn't that bad, and one made me want to throw up.

First the doctor went over all the results from my ultrasound. He said the baby is measuring right on for July 7th. All the measurements were great. Amniotic fluid was good. No problems. 

Then I had to get checked to see if I am a carrier for "Group B Strep." Now, it's not harmful to me if I am a carrier, but when I go to give birth, it could pass on to Emma and get her sick. Not something we want. If I am a carrier, they just have to put penicillin in the IV bag when I go to deliver. Again, not a big deal IF I am, but we need to know. So the culture was done and I have to wait a week for the results. No biggie.

Finally came the cervical exam. There's no nice way to put this, so I'm not going to explain it too much. Let's just say I never want to do it again, and yet I have to at all of my following appointments! UGH! Results: I'm 1cm dilated, baby is in full on "go" position, normal delivery is expected... and there's almost no way I'm carrying her to term. Doc says no later than the 1st. Mainly because he can already touch her head! She's that far down!! All I have to say is she better stay in there until after June 22nd. Otherwise I think two of her grandma's would shoot me in the foot!! One because she will be out of town through the 20th. The other because she is planning a baby shower for the 22nd! LOL

Still, I think it would be kind of fun to have her this weekend. With my bday and anniversary on Saturday... and Father's Day on Sunday.... I think it would be kind of cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace