My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Emma's "Little Princess" baby shower

Yesterday I had my third--and FINAL! lol-- baby shower. It was at my mom's house and it was a bunch of family from my mom and stepdad's side. It was "princess" themed. Lots of pink everywhere! lol We even had some princess tiaras to wear.

Considering all the summer plans starting to get in full swing, we had a pretty big showing! Some of my cousins couldn't make it for various reasons. Work, camps, study abroad,... I wasn't sad that they couldn't make it. I was more like "Wow... they are all getting so big!! They are almost adults now!" And considering I remember when most of them were babies or little kids, that makes me feel REALLY OLD! lol   We also had some of my mom's neighbors show up.

We had an Italian-theme going with the food. The running joke with my sisters is that they claim to be 100% Italian. Umm... my mom is Irish and my dad is half Italian, half German! But when someone asks them what they are, they always say "Italian. 100%" lol  So we had my baby sister's homemade manicotti, lasagna, some chicken/pasta with capers, fried mushrooms, and cheesesticks (for my Wisconsin family!). There were a few kinds of cakes (a chocolate "Ms. Trunchbull"-type of cake", a vanilla cake, and a cheesecake) and a punch.

I can't believe all the things we got for little Emma at the shower! I think we are basically set. I know I need a changing pad cover, but honestly, that's about the only NECESSITY I can think of. There are the little things I would like to get, but as far as what we need, we seem to be all set. My aunts even got us a diaper bag that my bf would be okay with carrying around! LOL It's a black Eddie Bauer with green lining. So not girly, but durable and stylish.

Here are a few pictures of me and the gifts. Please don't mind the blanket over my legs: I didn't realize how much my dress could creep up as we opened gifts and I wanted to be decent! LOL












No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace