My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Monday, July 29, 2013

Trial & Error

Emma has been really fussy lately and we couldn't figure out why. I even went so far as to call the doctor. They said it could be a couple of things.
  • She could just not know when she was full, so she would overeat. Then she would spit up and get sick and be miserable. 
  • She could have reflux.
  • She could be lactose-intolerant.
  • She could be formula-intolerant.
  • She could be constipated.
Okay, great. There's a whole list of things and they wanted me to do trial-and-error to figure it out. Little did I know this would be so much harder than it appeared. Since we were just using formula sporadically, they recommended we try soy-based. They even went so far as to give me 2 cans of soy-formula.

When my guy and I had a date-day a while ago, we prepped 2 bottles of formula for his mom. Emma acted like she was still hungry after she had her allotted amount, so her grandma gave her a little more. But it was too much and Emma ended up getting upset again. That lasted about 2 days. We thought it was just a case of overeating.

We tried feeding her while she is mostly upright. Burping often. We switched from milk-based to soy-based. We tried everything we could think of. And my poor baby girl was still uncomfortable. :(

One of the hardest parts about being a mommy to a newborn? It isn't the lack of sleep. It isn't the constant diaper changes, laundry, dishes, cleaning... Nope. It  isn't any of that. It is the fact that your baby cannot tell you what is wrong. They are uncomfortable and they can't tell you what EXACTLY is wrong so you can find the best to fix it. Ugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace