My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

He really is that amazing!

So this is just a quick little "shout out" to the amazing guy I call my boyfriend. It might seem a little redundant after the last blog I posted, but that blog was late in coming. This is because of the little things he did yesterday and the day before which just made me love him that much more.

So Monday, he didn't get to stay at home for very long. He worked a long day and then had to run errands after. But Emma knew when he left. He got home around 2:30pm and she was asleep. Then he left around 3. As soon as the front door shut, she woke up and was "looking" for him. He got back home, only to have to run out again. And again... when the front door shut, she went from asleep to wide awake and looking for him. Around 10, I started getting tired. And Emma started getting *really* cranky/fussy. I called my boyfriend to see if he knew how much longer he was going to be. If he was on his way home, then I was going to try and stay awake. If not, then I was going to put her in her Rock N Play to sleep. I put him on speakerphone since I was holding Emma. When he picked up, she immediately stopped crying. She was quiet as a mouse and stared right at the phone the whole time. She was a little angel! Then the call ended and she went back to being fussy! lol

Then there was yesterday/last night. My guy spent a good part of the evening trying to figure out what was going on with his mom's car. It took a lot longer than he thought it would; so, once he was done, he took Emma and spent time with her before we went to bed. He wanted to be the one to feed her. He wanted to hold her until the very last second. And he did great with her. She went right to sleep when he laid her down at 11:30pm. Then he crawled into bed. And the best part...he made sure I was right next to him. I love the feeling of knowing he's right there and wants me right beside him.

He makes me feel amazing. He takes such good care of our daughter. Every time he looks at her, you can see him falling more in love with her. And then--taking over so late at night when he knows he has to be up really early the next day!! What an amazing and caring dad. And there are times when it's just the two of us relaxing on the couch...and I feel like my world is perfect. Everything I need is right there in arms' reach. Life is pretty awesome right now. And it is thanks, largely in-part, to my incredible boyfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace