My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Friday, January 11, 2013

I need ideas for the "Gender Reveal"

So I've been on babycenter.com and they are starting to talk about how they are going to reveal their babies' genders. I know I am still a few weeks away from being able to find out what we are having. The books say you can find out usually as early as 17 weeks...and Sunday I'll be 15wks so we're not THAT far off!! I don't know for sure when I'll be able to get the ultra-sound that will tell us though. Maybe not until 20wks. That puts us at February 17th.

I'd like a fun way of telling people. I have a good girl friend and she decided to have a cake made. She took the U/S picture (sealed in an envelope so even she and her husband don't know what it is yet) to the bakery and they are making the cake for her. It'll be a surprise to EVERYONE, including her! I thought that was cute, but I wouldn't be able to pull that off. That envelope wouldn't make it sealed very long! haha

I have said if my boyfriend isn't able to make the appointment where we find out, I will have the technician print me a picture with "It's a Boy!" or "It's a Girl!" on it, put that in an envelope, and wait to open it until we get home. That will be soooo hard though! So I can't imagine waiting DAYS longer! It won't happen. Plus, I'm hoping we can schedule the u/s appointment late enough on a Friday that he will be able to make it. As long as his work lets him leave at his normal time that day and nothing comes up. You never know though and there's almost no way to plan that far ahead for him.

So now to the REAL reason for this post: I need help with a list of ideas on how to showcase my little one's gender. I know it'll be really close to Valentine's Day and there are probably a ton of "cute" (aka Cheesy) ways to tell using that, but I'd like something REALLY fun. I have maybe TWO ideas right now. That's it. So for those of you who read this blog.... PLEASE send me a list of ideas! You can email me, leave me comments on here (you have to have a gmail account though, I think), facebook me, call me, text me... There are a ton of ways to get ahold of me!! But we don't have a lot of time. It seems like it, but these past 10wks since I found out have FLOWN by. I can't imagine what the next 2-5 weeks will do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace