My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Today is 14weeks!

Well TODAY is the start of my second trimester. Officially 14weeks!!  I can honestly say I'm not going to miss a thing about these first three months. I got big early (showing at 6wks); had morning sickness all day, every day from 6wks-now (with some actual "getting sick" happening these last 2-3 weeks); and just feeling like I can't do anything. Whether it's because I suddenly have no time to, no energy to, or just want someone else to do it... These first three months were draining!

I guess I will miss the "firsts" though. This is my very first pregnancy so everything was new and/or unexpected. I got to hear the heartbeat at 9weeks and then again yesterday. It was a nice way to wrap up this first trimester. And seeing my boyfriend fall in love with our little one; he's always putting his hand on my belly and won't sleep unless he's touching it. If he wakes up in the middle of the night and I'm not there, he pulls me back and puts his hand on my belly again.

I finally started to look PREGNANT (as opposed to just fat) within the two-three weeks. Being 5'2", I was really worried about gaining a ton of weight fast and looking just fat. Well, I haven't gained an ounce! I actually lost 11lbs since finding out! But the "bump" is a full blown preggo belly now.

I think having these little mini-goals throughout the pregnancy has helped keep me from feeling overwhelmed or like I'm never going to see July 7th. I look forward to the next milestone and focus on that one until it gets here.
  • 1st U/S= 9w                                       - Done!
  • 10w=25% there                                  - Done!
  • 14w=start 2nd trimester                     - Done!
  • 17wks(ish)= gender reveal
  • 20wks=Halfway there
  • 28wks= third trimester
  • 34wks=baby shower (Memorial Day weekend!)
  • 37wks=my bday (almost exactly)
As long as I don't think about the fact I still have 26 more weeks of pregnancy (unless baby follows Daddy's precedence and is born a month early), then I'm okay. 
 I still freak out about the fact we have a few things up in limbo right now. We haven't decided which room will be the nursery, let alone started decorating it. We don't have any girl names picked out; but then again, we don't know what we're having either. I don't know who's going to watch my baby when I go back to work after Labor Day (funny timing, I know) or what my work schedule will even be like. Plus all the other things that come after having the baby. So I think I'm more freaked out about the "post-pregnancy" than the actual next 6 months. lol

Any guesses yet? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace