My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Saturday, January 26, 2013

What a Day!!

You may have noticed some (very) obvious changes to the blog today. That's because we officially know what we are having: IT'S A GIRL!! This was seriously one of the most amazing days! I've known since Tuesday we were going today to find out what we were having, but I didn't want to write anything since it was going to be a total surprise for my whole family. Here's how it all happened, from the beginning until now.

Well, on Monday or Tuesday, I tried calling my dr.'s office. I wanted to get the order for my 20w u/s early, so we would be able to schedule it right on the 20w, on the day and time we needed. Since my boyfriend works in the city and I get off work early on Fridays only, we have a very limited option on times. My dr.'s office didn't get back to me by Tuesday. So on my way home Tuesday night, I drove right by the Lab where the u/s would be done. I walked in and figured I'd ask them a few questions.

When I walked in, I told them I would be in there in a few weeks and just wanted to know what to expect; would I be able to walk out of there with a pic? They said they don't print pics, but they would give me a CD that same day with all the pics on it. I said, "So I'll be able to go to CVS, Walgreens, where ever and print the pic that shows I'm having a boy or girl?" The lady said "Maybe." I asked what she meant. She said the tech wouldn't be looking for a pic like that, so she couldn't say it would be on there. I was really confused. I mean, if I'm waiting until 20w for this u/s, what else are they looking for? So I said, "But the tech *will* tell me if I'm having a boy or girl right?" She said "No." She said because of liability reasons, they don't give that information out. That's when I got upset. I left there knowing I would be finding an elective office to get this major u/s done.

As I was driving, I found this place close by, and set up an appointment for Saturday, January 26th @ 12:30. I came home and told my bf what I had done. He was really excited about it. He didn't want to wait the full 20w anyways! lol

So there I sat for the next few days. Keeping this really big secret from my family because I wanted it to be a huge surprise. My stepdad's bday is this weekend and I knew my stepsister and stepbrothers would all be in town for his bday dinner. So I didn't say a word. Not in any phone calls. Nothing on my facebook page. Nada.

Fast forward to today. We showed up a little early. Try half an hour early! lol The lady at the front desk was really nice. She offered us a few things we could purchase, but didn't push anything. We didn't have to wait too long either to be seen.

I laid done one the table which was in this really comfy, cozy room. My bf sat in the rocking chair next to me. The tech put some warm goop on my belly. I was surprised because you always hear stories about the cold jelly  Anyways, she starts looking and finds the baby almost immediately. There's this perfect  profile shot on the screen in front of me. As she's moving the wand around, she asked if we had any ideas. I told her our families are split 50/50 on if it's a boy or girl.

Suddenly my boyfriend says, "I have a feeling it's a girl." I said "Why do you think that? All you see is a face! lol" Took a little bit of maneuvering to find out. First the ankles were crossed. Then the tech had me go to my side to get an "underneath shot." The baby pulled its legs up to its body! Little stinker! Suddenly we were looking and I didn't see the "I'm a boy!" parts. The tech moved around a little to be sure, but yep...

We're having a little girl!!!!

I still can't believe it! We've decided on Emmaleigh Rose. Em or Emma for short. I'm already sooo in love with my baby. I can't even describe it.

It's really late though too. So tomorrow (or later today rather), I'll finish up how today went. How we chose the name  What everyone's reactions were. Everything I can think of. Oh and I'll try to figure out how to put the u/s pics on here.

She's beautiful though. And big! I did ask the tech if she was measuring big. The tech asked how far along I am. I said 17w (16w6d). The tech said she is probably measuring a week farther along. So Emma is measuring 18w right now!!! She's going to get her daddy's height I think!!!! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace