My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I feel horrible

So I've always said my dog is a "kennel dog." He has a HUGE kennel that's built for a Lab, with pillows and blankets and at least a few toys hidden in there.

Thing is, when I lived with my mom, he got really used to sleeping in her bed while my stepdad would be out of town. Now that I live with my guy, this dog still wants to sleep in our bed. But he will only sleep by me. And I am the lightest sleeper. Any movement wakes me up. And Jax can't stay still throughout the night. He's constantly getting up, moving around, burrowing, coming back up, snuggling against my leg, turning like hands on a clock....and kicking me!!

I tried to have Jax be a kennel dog here, but he actually cries like a little child when we put him in there are night. And that keeps all of us awake. My boyfriend was going with, "Well on the weekends, we can let him sleep in the bed since we don't have to be up early." I went along with it, but then on the weeknights, Jax still wants to sleep in our bed and we are back to square one.

Last night though I lost it. At midnight I woke up and have been up basically ever since. Jax again kept moving around. Kicking me. Walking all over the bed (being sure to miss my guy because even Jax KNOWS that's a bad idea). At 2:30 I'd had enough. I took Jax to his kennel. And I got the most pitiful look.

I know this pregnancy has been hard on my pup already. I have a lot less energy to play with him. My patience is wearing thin (mostly because I can't get a good night's sleep anymore). Jax will come up all sweet and then BAM, land on my belly. Proof dogs aren't stupid; Jax knows exactly what's going on.
Since I know it's not been easy on Jax, I feel worse about the fact he just *cannot* sleep in bed with us anymore. It just can't happen. With as difficult as it already is to get (and stay) comfortable, the additional body heat when I'm already sweating, and the constant kicking...

Someone please tell me what to do with this. I don't want my dog to feel like I'm neglecting him or don't want him. I just NEED SLEEP!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace