My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Monday, December 31, 2012

What will my baby be like?

This week marks the end of the first trimester. As of Sunday, January 6th, I will officially be 14 weeks and starting part 2 of 3. So as this week winds down, I find myself daydreaming a little more about meeting my baby. And I have all these questions!

"What will my baby look like?" Of course I am going to think my baby is the MOST BEAUTIFUL BABY in the whole wide world, lol. It's not about being egotistical...Every parent thinks that! I mean, I look at my baby pictures and I see a huge butterball. What can I say: my Oma and Opa were putting mashed carrots in my milk at 3 months old! My mom looks at them and sees the Gerber baby. haha I was a very photogenic baby though, I will have to give myself that. I loved being in front of the camera and cheesing it up. (When did THAT change?!?)
When I see pictures of Daddy as a baby, I think he's adorable! He had ice blond hair and pure green eyes. And every picture I see he's either got a huge grin or he's got this "look" like he's planning something really interesting. Every picture is precious. So if I think about it: of course we're going to have a perfect baby! lol
My question is more of the actual physical look of the baby. Will they be tall like Daddy or short like Mommy? Will they inherit Daddy's green eyes--which turned hazel? (Boy I hope so!) Or will I look into grey-blue eyes like mine? Will they have a head full of blonde hair? Dark brown? Or will I birth a cue ball?!? LOL

"What will my baby be interested in?" My mom says (and has photo & video proof) I was addicted to books from the very beginning. I used to "read" my books backwards, too. (This is something I still sort of do and something-apparently--my Uncle Tom does!) Daddy loved firetrucks and Ninja Turtles.
I was very academic in school because I wasn't the most athletic kid. I was the one getting the "Coach's Award" or "Team Spirit Award" every year: which basically boils down to "You have a ton of heart, but not a ton of skill." lol The one sport I did decent at was soccer and I was on the school dance team in elementary school and senior year of high school. Daddy was a big athlete though! He was an awesome football player and really into weight/power lifting too.

"What are going to be their '-ism's?" You know, those things kids say & parents just don't have the heart to correct, so the kid says/does those things for a really long time? Like, when my sisters and I were little we used words like "glassable" (breakable), my dad drove a "car with the lid off" (a convertible--well T-top), my dad had a "moo-shtab" (mustache), we "me-membered" things, and drink "jingle bells" (ginger ale). These were all things we said long past when it is considered "acceptable"! LOL But my parents thought they were so cute and just let us keep on doing it.
I know Daddy and I were both BIG Binkie-babies!! I've heard stories about how he fought long and hard before he got rid of his. And I used to steal them from my sisters. Hey, what can you expect when you have two little sisters within 3 years?!? LOL I called my dad's mom "Grammy Damn-Damn" when she tried to take them away from me! So I'm pretty sure our baby will want a binkie but Daddy's already sworn we will NOT be using them for those very reasons.

"What kind of sleeper will my baby be?" Daddy is a "dead to the world" sleeper. I wake up with the least little bit of movement. Hmm... this one's a toss up! Daddy has to have a down comforter on him when he goes to sleep and he steals all the pillows. I just like a sheet but love pillows; I always end up cuddling a pillow at some point during the night. Daddy tosses and turns a lot; once I get settled, there's no movement unless I am woken up. Sheesh!! We are total opposites here! lol We do both like to have it kinda cold when we go to sleep and both like having a fan right on us, too.
Will my baby sleep through the night (for the most part) right away? Or will they be confused with day and night: Sleep all day and up all night, sort of thing? That would interesting, lol! Daddy and I USED to be more night owls than morning people, but *waking* Daddy up is a major chore sometimes!! lol

"Is my baby going to be a picky eater?" Daddy has a few things he will NOT eat: Green beans, tomatoes, beans, guacamole...those are the biggies. I don't like: asparagus, peas, rice (except in rice cereal)... And of course there's brussell sprouts and those sorts of things that no one *really* eats! Daddy noticed I almost never eat food that's "coated." I didn't ever think about it, but he's right. If I make something with a breading like shake-n-bake pork chops, I always scoop the coating off. If it's something like fried chicken, I eat the skin separate from the chicken. Hmm... I never realized that unless he pointed it out. lol Daddy and I are both big meat eaters too.


These are just a few of the questions I could remember tonight. I had a whole list of them but, by the time I went to type this blog--whoosh! Blank. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace