My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Saturday, December 15, 2012

For Gramma Weis

The day that we first met
We hardly knew your name,
But you quickly loved us
So it was easy to do the same.

You remembered all the bdays
& always had a Christmas card.
Feeling like your family
Suddenly wasn't so very hard.

For thirteen years you're grandma
Seems it's always been that way,
Which makes it harder now
To say the things I need to say.

But grandpa will be waiting-
Of that I have no doubt-
Standing at the gates of heaven
To show you all about.

You'll dance to songs by angels
And move about with grace,
Swaying with your soul mate
In his arms-your rightful place

Today I say "Goodbye Grandma"
And "I'll see you soon."
I'll look for you in stars, Grandma
& watch you dancing on the moon.

A picture of Gramma Weis at my mom's surprise birthday party a few years back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace