My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Saturday, December 22, 2012

On the Upswing... ?

I think I may have some light poking through this "First Trimester" Tunnel!

I'm not going to lie... these first few weeks were TOUGH! Food became a huge issue for me. Nothing tasted good. I never really wanted to eat. I ate because I knew I had to, but yeah--nothing held much appeal. BUT I managed to get a big ole belly already. Even with losing 9 pounds.

And sleep!! Seems I only could sleep when it wasn't convenient. At work... want a nap. 5pm and dinner time... can I take a nap instead? 7am wake up... how about another nap? But 3am rolls around and BAM! I'm wide awake. And sweating. Profusely! I couldn't even sleep on top of blankets because they were too warm. I could only handle a sheet. My poor dog and boyfriend... if they got near me in the middle of the night they were gonna get kicked! lol

But there was also the fact that I had zero energy to do the things I normally like to do. Laundry was a real chore (pun intended). Dishes just seemed to pile up on themselves, which is weird because there are only two of us here right now and during the week we only have dinner dishes. I felt like the worst person because when I moved in, I told my guy I would keep a clean house for him. And here I am six months later and I just don't find the energy to do it. :(

Now though... I think I am starting to get out of this funk. I managed to do 4 loads of laundry last night, go to the store and buy some detergent/dog food/wrapping paper, re-wrap ALL the Christmas presents because my dog managed to tear some wrapping at the back of the tree, and even vacuum the living room. Now last week that would just not have been possible.

Food though. That's still a humdinger. Just when I think it's getting better, it hits a little harder. Someone please tell me that will end and I will get to be the crazy preggo lady that wants to eat tons! I can't wait to feel like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace