My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Morning Sickness all day!

I have had quite a few friends who have had babies, so I knew to expect some queasiness these first few months. Sure. Normal.

But WHY do they call it morning sickness??? It's all dag'um day!!

From the time I wake up until Daddy puts his hand on my belly! MY stomach is rolling and turning and plopping... It never ends. The best thing I can say about it is: While I always feel nauseous, I never actually "get sick." Thankfully everything I *DO* eat stays down.

A good friend of mine is pregnant right now too (we're due around the same time) and all of her Facebook posts are about the good food she's eating and what food she wants to eat. Oh, and sleep. Of course. Me. I can't stomach the idea of eating most days. :(

I eat because I know I have to. Nothing tastes good to me though. And everyday I find another food-thing I can't have. First was Italian Dressing. One day for lunch at work, I brought a salami sandwich, a PB&J, and some cold pasta soaked in Italian Dressing. Right after that I kept running to the bathroom thinking I was going to be really sick. I ended up having to leave work early because it was so bad. We chalked it up to the weird combo of food. That is until we went to a nice little restaurant for brunch with my boyfriend's dad, stepmom, and sister. I ordered what they were getting since I had never been there and they ALL were getting the same thing. It came with a salad, so I ordered what I always get: Italian Dressing. The salad comes and it's about the size of my fist with just a tiny amount of dressing. Good, because I really didn't want to fill up on salad before the "famous" sandwich. As SOON as I finished the salad, I ran to the bathroom. I couldn't eat anything else. My stomach was soooo upset. I spent most of the rest of that day laying in bed, praying I would just go ahead and get sick and all that offending dressing would get out of me!!

Then there's the other side of weird foods. See, I'm lactose intolerant. I have been since high school. It was a gradual thing: started out not being able to drink milk, but I could still have other dairy products. Then it was no yellow cheese. Then I could have pizza only if the cheese was almost burnt (broke the proteins in it down). Then even Ranch dressing became an issue. So imagine my surprise when the only thing that will settle my stomach even a little bit is a little bit of WHITE MILK! I now have to have a glass everyday for breakfast. It will easy the discomfort for about 2 hours which is AMAZING! I can't have another glass after that first one, though. Just the one.

Hey, at least there's some comfort right? And no really weird cravings yet. I have a little mini countdown to the 14 week mark. They say that's when most of the morning sickness ends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace