My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Maternity clothes already??

About 9 months ago (March) I took a long, hard look in the mirror and didn't love what I saw. I knew I needed to lose weight. So I got a gym membership and a personal trainer and was really dedicated to achieving a healthy weight. I set little mini-goals for myself on the weight loss journey, hoping that would keep me on track. I ended up losing 25 pounds in 3 months! And I kept it off! That was the biggest accomplishment for me. Even while starting a new relationship and adjusting to everything, I managed to stay at my weight.

Flash forward to October 1st. I got on the scale for the first time in a month (since I had stopped going to the gym, I wasn't as in a hurry to jump on the scale...even though I never gained any weight). Still the same. Good. At the end of the month, we found out we were expecting. That's when I got worried. Because even a little weight gain on someone who's only 5'2" looks like a lot of weight gain. But....I was 4 weeks pregnant and everything was fine.

I thought I'd be okay with my work scrubs, but even those became uncomfortable. The elastic-waist ones weren't that stretchy and the tie ones always put a lot of pressure on my stomach which made me feel really sick. One of the girls at work who just had her baby back in April, told me she started wearing yoga-pants instead of her scrubs. Okay... that's easy enough. Check.

It was almost immediately after we found out that I had trouble fitting into my jeans! See, I was so worried that if I kept the jeans that were way too big on me and could almost fall off while buttoned AND ZIPPED, that I would gain the weight back. So I either sold those jeans or gave them to Goodwill. Now I was stuck with all my "skinny" jeans I couldn't even button! I tried everything: the hair tie trick, wearing them lower, etc. Nothing was really working. I'd end up having to keep them unbuttoned and my shirt over them to hide it! I almost started crying on Thanksgiving when I thought I was going to have to wear yoga pants to a family dinner!! Luckily ONE PAIR of jeans had managed to escape the jeans-exodus. But after a Thanksgiving dinner-worth of eating, even those were tight! lol


Right before I had my u/s, my boyfriend and I decided we'd just have to go ahead, breakdown, and buy some maternity pants. I kept putting it off because I thought "there's no way I should need them this early. All the books say you don't show until the 2nd trimester. I can't be putting on this much weight already!!!" But after being utterly uncomfortable for so long, and realizing my shirts too were becoming a little snug, I went and bought two pairs of maternity jeans and a cute maternity top.

Ahhhh. Sighs of relief!! I am still the same size pant I was before I got pregnant, but now they have the stretchy instead of a button and I'm in HEAVEN! I wear them all the time because they are so comfortable. My jeans are actually a little loose, but I'd rather have that then the discomfort of them getting too tight too soon. And then I'd have to go buy some more.

P.S.: I went to the Dr. the day after my u/s for a follow up. When they weighed me.... 0 pounds gained!! I'm 9 weeks preggo and haven't gained a pound yet. I'm so happy about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace