My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Finding out

I waited a LONG while to tell my boyfriend about the possible baby. I didn't want him to freak out. So there I sat for almost two whole weeks. Wanting to buy the home tests, but not wanting to jinx it. And anytime something weird came up, some pregnancy symptom I didn't know how else to explain, my boyfriend would just look at me like I was nuts. And I guess I kind of was!

The Friday before we found out, my boyfriend asked again when I was "going to break." I broke down and told him I was supposed to break Saturday but I really thought I was pregnant. He just looked at me. Then he asked if I had taken any tests. I told him no because I didn't want to jinx anything or get my hopes up if it were wrong. He said, "Well, if you don't get it tomorrow, we'll run to the store and buy a test." I agreed.

The next day, Saturday, we drove to his cousin's playoff football game. I don't know how many times I wanted to run to the Port-A-Potty to check. I only went once! lol Then we went to dinner with his grandparents. I kept thinking about the test we were going to have to buy because it STILL wasn't here! We got home and I just wanted to fall asleep. He said we could still run and buy a test or get one first thing in the morning. I said I just wanted to sleep and we'd get one in the morning. I figured it would keep me from sneaking off in the middle of the night to test! lol

According to the time projected on the ceiling, I woke up at 4am Sunday morning. I laid there for almost an hour! I had to go soooo bad but knew I had to wait. Finally I couldn't stand it anymore. I told my bf I was going to run to the store. He asked if I wanted him to come with me. I said no, I was just going to run there and back. He should go back to sleep. When I got to the store, they said they didn't open until 6am!! I thought I was going to cry. Then I realized our clock had automatically "fell back" so it was really a few minutes before 6. They actually let me in a few minutes before. I ran straight for the section and picked up a box of three.

I  fought the urge to test right there at the store. I drove home as fast as I could. When I pulled up, the lights were on downstairs. It turns out he couldn't go back to sleep either. I walked in and he was playing Madden. I ran upstairs and he joked about he thought I would have tested at the store and I yelled back: "I almost did!" lol

I took two tests out of the package. I didn't want to take any chances. I left one for just in case. I laid them on the sink and sat on the top step--sort of hiding from the bathroom and my bf. I set the timer on my phone for three minutes. I can't remember breathing during those three minutes.

When it finally went off, I went to the bathroom and looked. There they were. Two pink lines on BOTH of them. Clear as day!! No denying it now: I was going to be a mommy!!

I ran down the stairs holding them out in front of me. I stood right in front of my guy. He was sitting on the coffee table and had paused his game, so I looked him in the eyes and said: "I WAS RIGHT!" lol He just kept looking at me. Then he said: "We're going to have a baby??" Hearing the word "We" and knowing he was just as shocked and happy as I was, made me know everything was going to be okay.

And that, my friends, is how we found out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace