My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Friday, December 14, 2012

The pup is catching on

I think Jax knew something was "off" with me right around the time I did. See, a few days before I "confirmed" I was pregnant, he did something he has NEVER done. I have my old bed set up in the guest room. Well he went in there and peed all over! I mean it was bad! I know he did it that day too, because every day I check the house to see if he made a mess anywhere and tried to hide it. The day before, none of that mess was there. I was LIVID! Of course I immediately washed everything and cleaned up everything, but I just couldn't understand what made him do something like that.

Since then Jax has been acting really weird. He used to simply not love sleeping in his kennel (he got really used to sleeping in beds with people when we lived with my mom). But he was okay with it when we moved in with my boyfriend. Now though, if I put him in his kennel, he'll stay up an extra hour howling and crying. He does not want to be in there anymore.

Now I also tend to fall asleep a lot earlier than I used to. And I would feel bad because I leave the house at 7:30 every morning, get home around 5:30 every evening, make dinner, and am ready to sleep by 8:30. That's not a lot of time with him; plus he's used to going to bed at 9:30/10 o'clock. So on those nights I would let him sleep in our bed.
He's always been a burrower and a mover. He loves to crawl down under the covers to the foot of the bed and work his way up to just the right spot. Then in the middle of the night, he starts moving around in his sleep. He has very active dreams! He's always running or chasing something. He even yips in his sleep. (It's pretty cute, honestly!)

It was after I realized I was pregnant that he started having to sleep right in my back. Or in the crook of my knee. Now, I'm not the heaviest sleeper, anyways. Even a little bit of movement can wake me up. So sleeping between my boyfriend and an active pup... I wasn't getting the best sleep I've ever gotten. Then one night he started KICKING MY STOMACH! That was it for me. I told my boyfriend the dog just cannot sleep in the bed anymore. I'm already starting to have trouble sleeping and I've got this dog moving around all night and now he's KICKING me?!?!?

--And this is just his new sleep situation! Never mind the fact he is always stepping on my belly. Or that he *has* to be right next to me. He even puts himself between me and my guy again; something he hasn't done since we moved in together. If I sit on the couch, Jax will walk up and put his paws on my belly, especially if he sees me or my boyfriend rubbing the belly at all.

I think my dog is already jealous. I don't know what to do either. How do you prepare a pup for a baby? Maybe once this first trimester is over and I have more energy and kind of get back to a semi-normal state... Maybe then he'll calm down. I just don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace