My Little Girl

My Little Girl

Saturday, January 12, 2013

So many ideas!! (Dang you Pinterest!)

Yeah... Pinterest is kind of like Target for me. It's a complete TIME SUCK!! I will promise myself not to spend more than maybe half an hour and then I look up and realize it's been an HOUR AND A HALF! Sheesh!

So I have all these ideas of things I want to start doing for my baby. Craft-wise. I'm still holding off on "really" planning the nursery because I don't want to do it before we know what we are having. But the baby shower... Now THAT is entirely different! lol

I don't want a "It's a Boy/Girl" baby shower. I don't want something that's overly boyish/girly. I want something gender neutral and fun. I have been to about 5 baby showers in the last 3 years, and 4 of those 5 were animal/jungle themed. So that's kind of out. I guess I'll wait on the "theme" until we know the gender. (insert pouting face right now. lol) Here are some things I know I want (and don't want) there at the baby shower.
  • I want a diaper cake... that isn't shaped like a cake! There are so many cute ideas for these things and they don't have to look like a wedding cake or birthday day or anything. I saw a tricycle, a baby stroller, a train, a motorcycle, a car, "sushi" roll, a boat, a basket (so it's a DOUBLE WHAMMY-you put things *in* your diaper gift!), and baby bottles. They were all really cute; some looked easier than others, but then again you can actually order them online and save yourself the trouble of those complicated ones!
  • I don't want cards. Everyone is going to bring a children's book and write their message to the Baby in there. This was something my Grammy did every year in my birthday and Christmas books. I still have those too. I'll go back and read her messages and they mean almost as much as the book. "You may have riches and treasures untold/Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold./But richer than I you'll never be/ fore I had a mother who read to me."
  • I want those cheesy games! "Guess what's in the diaper." "How big is her belly?" "Guess the baby picture." "Baby Song List/Alpa-Name Game." "How well do you know the Mommy-To-Be?" "Memory Game." Yeah, I want those. haha
  • I don't want to forget anyone. So, kind of like at a wedding shower, I would like to have everyone write their address on an envelope.
  • I want to have people sign a border I would use for a sonogram picture.
  • I don't want to have it at some restaurant. Those places just really aren't that great for getting people to mingle and talk and meet new people. Halls or homes are the way to go!
  • I want someone there taking LOTS of pictures! I have done this for my friends Billie, Jen, and Taylor in the past and loved seeing everything later. They all said they liked having them because there was so much going on at the time and they felt like they missed some things. And I don't just mean pictures of presents being opened. I mean EVERYTHING! Cakes, people, groups of people,  the decorations... I want pictures that are kind of "abstract." My photog friends will know what I mean! lol
  • And I want a BELLY CAKE! I would like this cake in the baby shower theme! Isn't it AMAZING?!?!
I know that, as of right now, we are planning to have one sometime in May. Probably Memorial Day weekend since that's easiest for most of my family to travel here for something like this. And I'm pretty sure it will be a rather large group of rowdy, fun loving people.

****
Other crafty-ideas I'm having?
Those monthly pictures you take showing how big the baby is getting. I loved my friend Taylor's idea of using a toy to gauge the growth. 
A quilt of all the onsies/outfits the baby grew out of and I just can't part with. Because I'm sure there will be a ton!
Ornaments and Valentines and things like that with the baby's footprints and hands... even fingerprints!
An ornament of the baby's wristband and beanie from the hospital.
Of course I'm going to scrapbook EVERYTHING! That's tradition for me.
****

Okay... this blog is done for now. Maybe we will be able to find out the baby's gender early and can really start planning the fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Emmaleigh Grace

Emmaleigh Grace